1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Hepco And Becker C-bow Panniers

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Captain, Dec 29, 2021.

1. Bit of advice to any Multi or other model owners who have used or do use the Hepco and Becker C-Bow system as its looks good , small , neat as only to be used on a solo trip and wish to keep the weight low without a t-box as i dont like them when solo .( full ali system when 2 up)
    Frames
    The Official UK Hepco and Becker Luggage and Accessories website for Ducati Multi Strada V4 / S /S Sport (hepco-and-becker-luggage.co.uk)

Bags
    The Official UK Hepco and Becker Luggage and Accessories website for Ducati Multi Strada V4 / S /S Sport (hepco-and-becker-luggage.co.uk)
    0r
    Hepco and Becker C-Bow Street (hepco-and-becker-luggage.co.uk)

Any advice appreciated , thanks.

2. I’d also considered these (but ended up buying a SH set of Ducati panniers). I agree that if you only want to carry a small amount then they would be a good choice and a bit more sturdy than throwovers.

I did buy their rack and top box though as it was smaller than the Ducati original. Good quality, well made and robust, no real problems with either.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks , I will be getting the full Ali set (V4 PP) when away with the trouble and looking at these they look good for the solo stints , thanks for the reply.

4. Noooo, you can’t put panniers on a PP!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. You can if your doing 10 days in Spain , the wish is to get the weight low , not high to make the most of the handling . Tried the usual set up roll bag and small bag on the back and it feels out of balance , looking at the Hepco stuff 15 lts per side is small but better with a 20 us on the pillion seat . I hope

6. I’ll stick with a US30 with a travel size laundry detergent to wash stuff out in the hotel each night. Done that for the last few years, and it’s surprising how little you actually have to take by doing that.

7. Sort of agree but factor in tools , puncture kit , pump , maps , cables etc you will struggle with a 30 . Made the total min mistake before , 2 sides at 15 lts plus the 20 for the pre mentioned should be a good compromise , I lead a group on tour so need extras as most don’t carry essential items only what they think they need , it’s like looking after kids , I make sure all is covered , hence the extra bit minimal if you see what I mean . Come from the 1250 gs which for some reason could carry the kitchen sink , the multi I have found is a bit sensitive to high weight in solo guise , but it’s a rolling experiment at the moment to find the best options . Have to take a surface pro a well due to work and also route planning.

#7 Captain, Dec 29, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2021
  8. Tool kit and tyre plugs/ co2 canisters & inflator live under the seat. Pants and T-shirts go in the us30. Loads of room.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Have you tried putting anything under the seat on a V4 :eyes:, okay the standard puncture kit is there but is a Christmas cracker type so personally, up a mountain pass I would not trust it , so would rely on the two versions I carry for all ( I hope) punctures . Co2 okay for 1 fix ( brings back memories of Millau never again ), mini pump is better . There is no room for anything really even with the Christmas bit taken out . And waterproofs , spare gloves , 1st aid kit , medication , glasses ,shoes the list goes on , sounds like your US 30 is used by Mr Ben :joy: I think I would struggle with the one bag to be honest . Next test will be the 2x 15 ltr sides and a 20 is on top for the tools etc few good speed runs and see how it goes in relation to the bike feel :upyeah::upyeah:

#9 Captain, Dec 30, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I’ll have a good look round the bike once it arrives, but am sure I’ll be able to store some stuff on the bike. I’ve got quite good at making big things fit in small spaces over the years!

11. Good luck ........:upyeah::)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. On the V4 the under seat storage is minimal to the point that to use the DIN socket for my heated jacket I had to remove the Christmas Cracker repair kit (great description BTW). Doubt I will use it for anything when the heated jacket is put away. The Tank phone pocket is good for a Nokia 6310 but that's about it - I use it for visor wipes, face mask, thats about it. A word of warning - the V4 tank pocket is quite deep, if anything small drops to the bottom you need long small fingers or a pair of tweezers to get it out. I have blanked the bottom part with foam to stop that happening.
    I would rather have an extra litre or two of fuel than the pocket if I am honest.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. There are next to no additional ways of carrying stuff on the V4 without aftermarket stuff, unless you strap a bag to the pillion seat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I did manage to fit my coms but that was under the front left side of the tank , as there is fool all room under the seat , and I have it on high setting . It’s minimal to say the least …

15. The only thing that will fit under the seat is a map.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information