1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey, Admins.....

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Mac, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Isn’t this pm hardware behind a MOD firewall?

When logged out, the ads run both sides of the o page and top/bottom and constantly change and run vbiudeos, so wouldn’t surprise mine of something in gthere is causing it

2. Get a mac. Burn the pc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. No. Just... no.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yes about 2 weeks ago....added to the letterbox ad thing that runs from time to time and I am starting to get miffed!

5. And it’s sorted now?

6. Hmm. I can't show you the details from my work PC, but here's what happened on my home PC...
    upload_2018-11-17_15-13-53.png
    Looks like your advert software is routing to unsafe sites.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. I’ll ask @Rob to look at it

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks all, will check this out.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Just for info, I got this today. It replaced the Ducati site.
    upload_2018-11-19_17-32-57.png

10. Mac, what is malware bytes? I cant see any malicious scripts / plugins or anything that will be flagging this. Does that software give any further details?

I also cant see any other reports anywhere... Anyone else experiencing it?

11. Saw it once, no letter box thing for a week or so

12. Malwarebytes is a genuine security app. They do antivirus and anti-malware software, browser protection, etc.

I can only assume that the DF site was hosting/linking an advert that someone had flagged up as suspicious over at Malwarebytes and the DF site got blacklisted as a result.

Or a wizard did it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Seems another good reason to subscribe? No adverts to cause software issues!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Wipe your computer & reinstall O/S, and all other applications you use. Once every two-years it should be done in my humble opinion. I use kaspersky total security for my 3-computers & has stopped/blocked suspicious web applications from been launched.

What applications do you have installed Mac on your computer & web-browser?

15. I'll check.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Out of interest @Rob has software been enabled to allow automatic routing to any advert site - safe or otherwise?
    EDIT - never got answered despite tag :thinkingface:

#39 Chris, Nov 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  17. I stopped using malwarebytes because it had too many false positives like this.

So the MOD are using it? That’s interesting as the pop-up says it is a trail version.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information