1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi Everyone. My First Is An 848

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Stuart Howlett, Apr 17, 2019.

1. 9DA7AB9F-5F34-4476-95A9-ABCC92B8FB10.jpeg Hi thank you for accepting me into your forum . I believe it’s going to be a great help and of interest.
    300 miles in and I’m already scratching my head . Low speed is not a happy time , roundabouts are intense when a car is in my way ( most times ), bike has cut out twice ! We are not friends yet but I’m patient and I love her .
    She is going to have valve adjustments and other tweaks in a few weeks . . I will let you know how it goes .

• Like Like x 1
  2. Remove the servo motor etc, O2 sensors, re map ecu to suit and drop the front sprocket by 1 tooth .... makes a massive difference at low speeds :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Welcome Dave

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ditto

• Like Like x 1
  5. Welcome Norfolk dude :cool::upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hi and welcome hope you get everything sorted

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sounds drastic? I remember reading somewhere else same advise . Cheers , I will look into it

8. Welcome Stuart, lovely bike :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Welcome along Stuart, nice looking bike

• Like Like x 1
  10. Welcome and enjoy. Nice bike!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Not drastic mate, easy, cheap and 100% worth it :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Welcome to the forum. :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Putting aftermarket cans and mapping it to stop it running lean conditions at small throttle openings helps massively and reduces the overall heat output a little. I remember my 848 was savage with standard exhausts.

To do this they will need to do a TPS reset anyway which should cure your stalling issue hopefully.

Get a Oberon clutch slave cylinder also and your good to go. I have changed the gearing on my bike but I’m not sure it was quite the game changer some say it is. I guess it depends on what you do

• Like Like x 1
  14. My 1098 is terrible at slow speeds round town. Constantly riding the clutch, guess you just get used to it. Other than that, it’s a blast!

• Like Like x 1
  15. What will the Oberon clutch slave cylinder help ?

16. Enjoy.
    Needs akra’s to finish it off :)

17. Welcome, my bike came from Wymondham so we may be related.....

• Like Like x 1
  18. Evo ?

19. The amount of effort required to pull the clutch, which you will appreciate in town. Also the Oberon units tend to be a lot more robust than the OE units which is better for the long term.

• Like Like x 1
  20. No, 2002 ST4 from Chris Clarke motorcycles - very long time ago now......

Do Not Sell My Personal Information