1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi Folks, New To Forum But Not To Ducatis...

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Steelyboy, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Hi all, just joined the forum. Currently riding a Triumph Explorer but mulling over a change, as you do. I can still remember seeing the first 750 in MCN in the early 70s, green I think it was. Then became a social member of the Ducati Owners Club as my mate had a 250, and one of the members had a 750SS, magnificent machine. I’m focussed down on getting a 1200S Multi and it occured to me that this is a good amalgamation of my last three bikes, Ducati 851, BMW K1200S and the current Explorer. Wish me luck!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome dude.

3. Good luck and welcome David :)

4. Welcome along mate, good choice of bike :cool:

5. Welcome :):upyeah:

6. Hi there what was the 851 like to ride and live with?

7. Hi, hadn’t been run for 6 years when I bought it so needed recommissioning which cost a bit but I knew that. Was hard work in town, lumpy and clutch slipping needed, but very nice to ride on the open road. I had one minor clutch problem just after the recommission but generally no other technical problems. Decided to sell it after 18 months as it was just too compact and uncomfortable for my 6’ 2” frame. Lovely classic looking machine, enthusiast from Leeds bought it. Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  8. yes great looking machine and the prices are climbing

9. Good luck on finding your next Duc......

10. Good luck and welcome to the forum. :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information