1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi From Lincolnshire

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Muffy, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Bin pictures go down well...

2. Ooooo pics please :blush:

3. Hi.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hi and welcome enjoy the forum

• Like Like x 1
  5. I’m in Lincs with a multistrada enduro pro, (and an exc), what tyres did you end up with, were you happy with them?

6. Hi Andy , I went for road tyres in the end ( Metzeler Roadtec 01's) as the offroad opportunities didn't come up much so have been just been sticking to tarmac with her for now , and the odd gravelly detour .

7. I took the knobblys off and fitted road 5’s but the tyre fitter recons that tyre is a little wide for the 4 1/2” rim that’s on the enduro. They have lasted about 4000 miles. After some research I have found that Pirelli make a specific variant of the trail 2 for the multi enduro so I’m having a pair fitted next week

8. @Muffy you just went past me and my lad as you were going through South Kelsey and we were walking back home, recognised your bike and had a good gawp but thought it'd be weird if I waved. :)

Nice Multi, and thank you for going through the village like a grown up rather than a bell end. It's very appreciated! :) :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Greetings! There really isn't anything in the world quite like a big girl...

10. ...he's just gone past again... :eyes:

11. When I was a lad we used to dream of living in a bin. Heavy steel ribbed for rigidity and pleasure. Easy flick lids. Non of the Nampy pamby limp plastic models so often appearing on this forum. Real bin people with real muscles and oozing skin conditions. Bins were repossessed under the bin clearance scheme. We had to downsize and lived in a terracotta flower pot for years.
    Tried living in a castle but the kid next door wanted it back to play with. Happy days:)

12. bore da Muffy, did you ever ride with the Dirt Cadets ?

13. Hi PortboyNo , heard of them , was part of South Wales Trail Riders forum for many years , mostly out round Abergavenny , then Ebbw and upwards all the way to Barmouth some weekends . Miss those dirt bikes .

14. Pretty flat where you are now i assume ? SWTF the guy (Terry ?) who ran that forum was from my village in the Swansea valley. Dirt Cadets was formed as a breakaway group and became quite a notorious crew. Some right characters from all over South Wales and England, mental rideouts in God's own Country.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hey small world ! Funnily enough I was just going to a guy in North Kelsey to have a test ride on a Desert Sled . Been thinking of downsizing from the big girl to a slimmer model . And yes I'm an ambassador for the mature sensible riding fraternity now ( honest ! )

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. I didn't know that there was a Desert Sled in North... Scramblers are great, and an absolute hoot to ride, although keeping the Multi about would be advised too because the Scrambler is a very different bike... n + 1. ;)

Enduro looked very nice, especially with all the luggage.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hello:upyeah:.

• Like Like x 1
  18. That Multi is the best looking bike I've ever owned in my opinion , and it rides like a dream . Only complaint is that it is mahhooosive to move about . Never dropped it , but it has to be at the front of your mind whenever you wheel it around . I'm only 11 stone , so if it goes , I'm going with it . Done some long trips on it , and as a tourer it is fantastic . The only issue is that it is so comfy and you are so protected from the elements that you become a bit detached from the whole riding experience . You can be doing 90mph and you don't even feel a breeze . I've had her out of shape a couple of times , and by the time you are , its like wrestling a hippo . I'm so used to enduro bikes where you can do that as part of every ride , and I miss that sort of controlled looseness . Anyway - Desert sled ride really was a real back to basics affair , but decided that thats the sort of bike I should be riding ( really enjoyed it ).

19. Hi and welcome. I'm in Lincs (near Lincoln) and never done any group things before.

Been to all the usal haunts but generally on my own or with one other.

I don't have a ducati though, so not sure if i can be part of a gang :bucktooth:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information