1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi From Northumberland

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Paulr1098, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Welcome Paul, lovely bike :upyeah:

2. Welcome along Paul

3. Welcome brother, the best choice of bike there!
    Recommendations that I received a few years back were slipper clutch; highly recommended & looks way cooler too. 14t front sprocket as it’s a b’stard round town; I’ve not done this yet but will do at next main service. Enjoy, it’s a blast as long as you’re not stuck behind something slow through town.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Set your suspension up to suit your roads, i ended up with lovely soft set up that absorbed the bumps and allowed me to ride faster and safer.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I was looking at the original screen last night - I think it will clean up and the rim tape is coming off

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thank you

7. Thanks - good ideas

8. Try a clear ffabri double bubble screen, irs not to over the top and gives better protection from buffeting plus great quality.....keeps a fairly standard ish look.service your forks and i think it might be yamaha seals fit the ohlins forks and are more robust, i fitted i think sbs pads in the brembos that have a much softer bite (i wrote a 1098 off in a panic brake situation ) and if you can find 1098r footpegs then buy and fit them ( much better grip). Oh and replace the two relays under the battery on the bottom left as they can give problems ant then enjoy the power.....it makes power from low in the revs.

#29 idrinkbeer, Apr 30, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  9. IMG_2223.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  10. I sold it some time ago purely so i could stay alive, i just couldnt ride it slowly.

11. Never mind rim tape there’s no bloody bin!!!! :mad:

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. Welcome Paul

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mmmmmm cider.

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information