1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi From The Isle Of Lewis

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by HeyJude, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Hi All
    It's a long time since I was on the forum, I moved up here to the Isle of Lewis from the Dordogne in July 2020. Funds were limited and so I've only just got a bike again - an ST2 on permanent loan from a great friend in Ireland. He has a permanent free B&B here any time he wants to come up! Although the bike is now MOT'd and insured it's having to go through the importation and re-registration process which is taking months. HMRC not completed yet and then DVLA say re-registration will take 8 - 10 weeks. The insurance only covers me to go to and from the MOT and after that I can't ride until I get the new registration. Meanwhile it sits in the shed - it's like staring at a banquet and not being allowed to eat! Might get to ride by Christmas or New Year and then the Hebridean winds and horizontal rain may keep me from venturing out. Still great to just know it's there waiting for me. IMG_20210916_102429E.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. welcome heyjude'

3. Thank you!

4. howdy, not sure if he is still riding, but say hi to Colin from Brager for me. :upyeah:

5. Welcome back

6. Hi Fin, I haven't met Colin yet but if I do I'll pass on your message!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Many thanks, great to be back here with a bike again!

8. Welcome along

9. Welcome and enjoy

10. Welcome to the forum.:)

11. Hey Jude
    Welcome back hope your well
    Good to see you with your “own” bike
    Enjoy :)

Ps where’s my bin picture :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Thank you muchly!

13. Many thanks for the Welcome!

14. Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thanks for the Welcome Ariel!

16. Thanks for the welcome Ducbird, I'll be looking to the forum a lot I think, for help and advice! Now back on my own and not much good with mechanical knowledge - and with an older bike. Life is a series of challenges! :)
    Your bin picture???

• Like Like x 1
  17. Plenty of great knowledge and help here so ask away :)

Not MY bin your rubbish bin pictures please :D

18. Welcome to the forum - a great place for all things Ducati.
    Not that I would ever suggest law breaking but I would have thought that the ratio of great biking roads on Lewis and Harris to the number of Police cars on the island pretty much guarantees that the odd “test ride” would go unnoticed.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information