1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi From The Philippines

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by MtsDVT-PH, Aug 26, 2017.

1. going well, do you have any NCR Poggipolini, distributers there in Phillipines? apparrently they have gone broke? or closed

2. Post some photos here of Philippines, roads traffic , and the bike?
    be a bit of a travel-log, very interested in the riding conditions?

3. All sorts of riding. Commuting to mountain twisties and soon, track. Only other place I've ridden a motorcycle is Sydney and I can say it's definitely less stressful there but as long as you're paying attention and thinking a few steps ahead, riding here is good. I plan to ride the west of Canada next year as I'm originally from there but didn't start riding till i left.

4. I had to google that one. i'll assume you mean the motorcycle brand? I've never heard of them but we do have official dealers for almost every other brand of motorcycle like (obviously) Ducati, BMW, KTM, MV Agusta, Aprilia, Royal Enfield, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki and even smaller brands like Beta and recently Motori Moderni.

5. I have been to China, Vietnam, Thailand, imagine the riding is like that? Anything everything goes, as long as you give road to other users, no real rules and some got their own, just don't hit a local, and don't get hurt? would have thought big bike with wide handle bars would be be a problem? and most Ducatis would cook your arse in slow traffic in the summer??

#25 breakout998, Sep 7, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  6. I'm not much of a writer but let me compile some photos for you. Probably post tomorrow.

7. It's definitely more organised than Hanoi traffic. Maybe closer to Bangkok. Having a giant (relative to other bikes) bike has its pros and cons. Pros, some drivers are less likely to murder you. Cons, riding through traffic is harder which is why if you look at my photos, i've removed the hand guards and mirrors from my bike to make it just that little bit easier. It works pretty well.

I used to commute on my 1199 Panigale so the Multi DVT is like riding an electric bike by comparison. It does get hot but heat is just something you live with and accept. I also almost always have full gear too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Thanks looking forward to the insight

Do Not Sell My Personal Information