1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi From The Sunny Southwest - Was Hoping For Some Advice...

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by FastGirl, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Pete,Your not supposed to snort the bloody things.;)..........point taken:upyeah:

2. Welcome to the Forum Fastgirl.

Realistically, if you suffer a puncture whilst on tour are you going to try and remove the tyre & plug it by the side of the road? Especially if it’s :splat::splat::splat:.

How on earth are you even going to get the wheel off?

In my case I carry something akin to this. It inflates the tyre, and seals the puncture, well enough to get me to the nearest motorcycle tyre service place where I can get a new tyre or a professional repair.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=h...=en-gb&client=safari#lbl=OVERVIEW&pie=plaji-i

NB: personally I wouldn’t want a repair anyway, it’d be a new tyre 100% of the time. I don’t want to be cranked over, in a bend, at XXXkmph only to discover I’ve reached the limits of the repair:(

3. Not sure why you would want to take the wheel off for a road side repair? Just find the hole and plug it.

NOTE; if you do get a puncture and plug it and then the use gas canisters to blow up the tyre, be aware that the gas canisters contain CO2 the molecules of which are quite a bit smaller than normal air and so your tyre will deflate as the gas seeps thru the tyre. So after using canisters to inflate tyre get to an air line drain the tyre of CO2 and inflate with normal air.

TB

4. Some of the suggested kits appear to have tyre levers in them. Or maybe it’s just my eyesight and this small screen on my phone.

Very useful point on the CO2:upyeah:

5. Welcome and enjoy!

6. Welcome FastGirl!
    Great idea about getting a tire repair kit. I took @GunZenBomZ advice and just purchased 2 Stop N Go 6000 kits. One for me and one as a gift for someone else. Reviews are really good.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Not heard from @FastGirl for 20h & 5 minutes ago,must be repairing a tyre somewhere.;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Hi and welcome to to the Ducati forum

9. Welcome to the forum.

10. Thanks for your posts, that's super helpful

• Like Like x 1
  11. Never mind your tyres where’s our bin pics we like them :)

Welcome into our mad house

12. Laguna flat.jpg plug.jpg Laguna flat.jpg Laguna flat.jpg Laguna flat.jpg Laguna flat.jpg plug.jpg So I rode from Pittsburgh to Skagway Alaska then to Laguna, saw Nicky get a 3rd on Saturday. Discovered the screw in my tire, went to the Paddock and once the race guys found out I was a racer, were eager to help me out....They loved my old Airhead. With no patches to be found in the Paddock, I de packed my entire bike there in the paddock. A cable guy with a crew walking around filming "fill" material comes up and asks me what I'm doing w/the cameras rolling..........I told him to "F*ck off" as I was sweating like a pig trying to fix my bike! I finally found my plugs under my seat plugged the tire.

RaceTiredude.jpg

#32 Dude, Oct 2, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
Do Not Sell My Personal Information