1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi & Happy Sunday !

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Amanda Clowe, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Great looking bike ( one of my all-time favourite models ).
    Nice photo also !

I've got a theory about that ....
    .... might it be a comedy reference ?
    There are quite a few "Daves " in British comedy series , for example :-

Only Fools and Horses .... Rodney always gets called Dave by one
    of the characters in the pub .
    Royle Family ........ When Denise is pregnant , Dave wants to call the baby Dave ( Denise wants Keanu )
    League of Gentlemen ? .... Lot's of Dave references everywhere !
    ..... I posted a video clip a few weeks ago

https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/greetings-to-all-fellow-ducati-lovers.70473/#post-1360613

And before I forget .... a warm welcome to the forum !
    ...... from Dave

#21 oldtech, Jun 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Thanks

3. Hello and welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Could I make a suggestion ?
    If you want to get some feedback from other members about
    that tank issue , it's probably best to start a new topic / thread
    in another section of the forum .

It will get much more attention than it will in the " Newbies / intros " section .
    There are lots of experienced folk on here who will be willing to help
    and give advice .
    :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Happy Monday :upyeah:
    Nice bike - I sympathise with the flip up stand, I almost dropped my old monster when I pressed the starter with it in gear :( caught it that time but always started it with the clutch in after that one

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks - I did do that before I posted in the newbies

7. Welcome Amanda! nice to see another old tractor, quite rare around these parts, we don't have too much 851/888 specific chat on this forum but people seem to be getting more interested by our rattly clunkers as the years go by...If you haven't already I would take a look at 851/888 forum too, proper lovely bunch and great source of parts and tech advice, I would post your question to them about your tank, it may be vapour locking in which case it needs looking at soon, in the meantime I would check your little vent holes in your petrol cap for blockages, especially if you get a hiss when opening it, the holes are tiny and easily get blocked.

#28 JimmySP3, Jun 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  8. I tried to get an Owners Register going on here a few years back but not much interest at the time and as you mention, a bit pointless trying to compete with an excellent 851/888 specific Forum already in existence.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Welcome to the forum Amanda, that's a very nice 851 you have there

• Like Like x 2
  10. Thanks, that’s really handy ... I’ve joined the forum you mention, however I can’t remember my user name - so trying to get back on it !

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thank you

12. I understand you very well I also have a ducati 851 sp2...the first ducati to win a world superbike !!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  13. Beautiful !!

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information