1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Hi Speed Weave

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by clarkey231, May 1, 2015.

1. The bike seems quite font heavy, and as the brakes are so strong it's easy to make the rear pretty much lift, especially when it's bumpy. Also, I find if you move late, i.e. When braking or just before the turn, it really unsettles everything, whereas get off early with your backside and then it's just an upper body move in braking/turn and seems to keep it more in line :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. I thought you could only trail brake on Mutly rear brake anyway ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. What makes you think that? With cornering abs it's probably better at it :)

4. Well, I was thinking, as the back brake is so efficient, there's no need for any finesse, you could stand on the damn thing and still only trail brake :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I wouldn't like to do that though as I am used to no ABS on my sports bike and trail braking works great on that, backs into corners beautifully as there isn't much weight on the rear until you're actually settled in the corner. I switch bikes regularly and wouldn't like to get it wrong haha. I've done that on my British bikes and a locked up wheel isn't fun, it just increases the laundry bill :)
    I do trail brake on the Pikes Peak but there doesn't seem to be the same amount of control, whether that's down to the linked system or the ABS I don't know, but it's not precise at all.

6. I used to use my rear brake on corner entry all the time. It just settled things down and is a habit I picked up on the multi, that's followed me onto my next bike. I'm definitely faster for it too. As you say, you could stand on the rear brake and it would never give you a problem. I have to be a bit more careful on the SMT but have only had one 'skid' coming in hot to a slow corner. Just made me feel like a kid on a BMX :cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. That's the problem though, there is no finesse whatsoever, after a good old fast ride all I get is shed loads of rear brake dust on my rim haha. It's a shame we can't turn the rear link off and adjust the rear ABS to be less intrusive in the SPORTS MODE

8. I don't trail brake much anyway (one of the things that holds me back form being a fast rider) but have to say the multi stays as on line as any sporksbike I have had. In fact, more so. Could be the abs? Or could be that the leverage makes it easier to keep on line.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information