1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High Level Link Pipes

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by GDS968, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Anyone used/bought BBbfabrications high level link pipes and hangers. Thinking about getting these for my bike and just wondered if anyone had used them etc.

Cheers

2. 76C6DF60-989C-42A8-B524-CEDF96BC01FB.png
    Yes, I got some last year, when they first arrived the fwd ends were out of round and they wouldn’t connect to the header, so I returned them and they were quickly rectified, the brackets had some deep scratches on them, I asked for these to be sorted at the same time but they came back in pretty much the same condition , that said they now fit well so for the price not bad.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I have one of their front frame braces, very good piece of kit but not had any experience of link pipes.

4. I haven't used these, and can't say anything good or bad about them... however...

Last year I rode two 2v 900s back to back. Both with Dynojet stage 2 and Termis but one with a set of spaghetti headers and one with the standard pressed 4-way jobbie. The grunt of the bike with the headers was noticable and I wondered if this was why. Subsequently I've put a set of Sil Motor headers on the other bike and the answer seems to be YES! The noise is pretty much the same, but the bike now leaps forward in a very pleasing way.

So, link pipes will look lovely... but might be worth saving a bit longer and getting the headers and high-level pipes if performance is the goal.

5. The Sil headers are a thing of beauty and much wider than standard. Love mine

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Hmm..performance is not really the goal although its welcome with any mod . Really it was to reposition my current setup which is a mongrel one using short link pipes and upswept carbon generic cans!!

7. O dear I am weakening!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Slight digression - how did you avoid your fairing (trailing edge of lower) touching the headers? I put a spacer between the sump and fairing but am not 100% happy with this. Tried longer bottom ties but that wasn't a success (possibly because I'd need to space out the fairing stay rubber too?)

9. Just give in to it...

photo_20190221164730_6881309_0.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. Mine are Ricambi Weiss and very close but not touching

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. You cant put a price on happiness

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Hmm.. about £1500 for the full Sil Motor system, bit more than i wanted to spend!!

13. If you can afford rather than not really wanting to spend it. There aren’t any pockets in shrouds, get it bought :upyeah: Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. They come up used from time to time but they always command a high price and get snapped up quickly... which is an underlying positive message for future resale. It hurt me to plunk down for the system, but the first time I rode it with the new pipes on I forgot about the money spent...

• Like Like x 1
  15. The hangers should be fine - they are based upon the drawing I did when I made mine.

Can't comment on the link pipes - I already had mine, they were the Lazer fixed to can type for an IE, which is why I had to re-do the fitting of them.

16. Ooh an early white frame, black brembos model. Don’t see many of them . Thought I was the only one . I’ve got high level link pipes. Got them via here ages ago. Still on the shelf as part of the ‘to do’ list.

17. Full header system on the bay last week for 500gbp

• Like Like x 2
  18. Spend a little less and a little more wisely and get yourself some FCR's if you haven't already.
    If you do have them already, go get those high rise pipes :)

19. I don't know whether that'd be the case. My own experience was that the headers gave a fairly sizeable improvement which suggests that fuelling wasn't holding it back at that point. Some flat-slides are on my to-do list now I've got the pipes though. :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Yes I’ve had people tell me it’s got the wrong brakes etc, but it hasn’t :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information