1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High Level Link Pipes

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by GDS968, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Got 41 FCR's being serviced as we speak, just know that if i go for the headers i am going to want hi level pipes and cans etc!!! Trying to keep the spend down is a nightmare!!

2. As long as you don't then sell the bike, you're still going to have less in this fantastic machine than you'd pay for A.N. Other 1000cc sports bike and your asset will be appreciating rather than depreciating. Keep repeating that, keep spending. Post lots of pictures! :D

3. You weren’t a snake that lived in an apple tree in a previous life by any chance ? :joy: Andy

4. Might have been... :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. If you have fcr41's and a decent set of can's already, does the set of spaghetti headers make a noticeable difference? This bike is 944cc with hi-comp pistons and an ignitech ignition. Those headers are approx. $1200 Aussie here. This post has got me thinking...…………..

6. Report back when you've got them Fire :upyeah:.

7. A nightmare indeed lol, but fun all the same.
    When I bought mine it had a home made system on it, the headers were a copy of one of the major manufacturers but can't remember which one, had modified 748/916 mufflers.
    I've gone back to the original headers and a set of Boss mufflers.

009.JPG 012.JPG

8. I'm sure a freer breathing system can do no harm but I'm sure I've read over the years the so called spaghetti system for the 900 doesn't release a lot of horsepower, and your just about as well off with a set of decent after market cans and the standard headers.
    I'm more than happy to be corrected though, anybody got any dyno graphs , before and after?

9. Won't be selling the SS but got my eye on an MV Brutale 1078RR which is too nice to pass on, hence the dilemma and getting all past the boss

10. I'm basing my opinion (and it is only that) on my actual bike... rather than heresay. My own personal bum-dyno tells me that the extra grunt is fun. A set of graphs that might contradict that (perhaps the power delivery is changed favourably but ultimate power down etc) and could spoil my enjoyment of my bike, that I spent my money on. And it's all kinda asinine anyway as it's a 2v 900, so the gains and improvements are all in good fun and for pleasure rather than gaining a real competitive edge over other machines.

They're also very pretty to look at. Like the rest of my Superlight. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. The bends in the (homemade?) one in the bottom pic look too tight to me and there is a conflict of the gas flow, because the front header is discharging almost full on into the rear header.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Believe that the two cross pipes on a spaghetti system are designed to create a "scavenge" effect? Isn't that correct, Al?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Will be a wee while as I think a kit is about £1400! :scream:

...and while we're in there we might as well be pricing up 944 conversions, and we should refinish the engine as it'll be out of the bike... then I'll need a spare set of fairings with some bespoke Superlight 944 graphics hand painting on, and there's still that pair of Marchesini's on eBay...

And that's how you end up horribly in debt and living on Pot Noodles in your 40's.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. The black brakes are the earliest ones. They also had a diffeent hanger for the rear brake too. My mate has one of these. The gold brembos wre 92 on I think?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. IMG_5411.JPG

Yep, my old '92.

• Like Like x 2
  16. It certainly is, however thats all part of the fun

17. Mine. 1991. Got a few bits and bobs over the last couple of years to change the looks round a bit...still not fitted. Must do something with it at some point :rolleyes: 791587DE-68C8-4454-85F1-0918D4AA88D0.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  18. IMG_2220.JPG

My old girl with the mongrel cans with her short fairings!!

• Like Like x 3
  19. As said more than happy to be corrected whether it be by bum dyno or graphs.
    The power these things produce in a great chassis = FUN,
    you don't need 200hp for that :)

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information