1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Hill Assist

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by spanish, Feb 17, 2019.

1. It's just like doing a hill start, but with the car working the hand brake. It's no big deal and I couldn't see it blunting ones skills. :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. You ain't seen me riding. 50yrs at it & still bollock myself for getting odd bends wrong.

3. I don't need it to start on a hill, I use it when I am waiting at say lights on a hill, to blow my nose, swipe on my phone screen, adjust my gloves and any one of the things that you can't easily or safely do whilst on the move.

4. I'm using your quote the next time I'm pulled doing wheelies, because if I 'get' a front puncture. And can't use my skill set to get out of trouble... :)

5. The 10 second delay before the hill assist function switches itself off surely must be defined in software. So you would think Ducati would provide some way for it to be amended to suit the rider. The option to choose say 30 seconds or 60 seconds would be very welcome, either via the onboard menus or (failing that) at a dealership. But no, apparently there is no capability for change, which is slightly irritating.

6. S'pose got to give it a whirl one day to see if there is any use for it.
    Did think that, on those odd occasions with a very loaded bike, might be helpful but with such a short hold might be more of a problem.

7. Adjusting glove, fiddling with sat nav or something else and don't notice warning on the dash and it could catch you unawares. As I said above; haven't really tried it in anger yet but it sounds like a recipe for disaster.

8. I use it, especially when 2 up with luggage on a steep hill, works great for me, the 10 sec disengage isn’t a problem :)

• Like Like x 3
  9. It's like a number of bike add-ons, sometimes they don't seem to make that much sense, but when used once or twice, the sense seems to shine through and become more obviously advantageous.:cool:

I didn't ever imagine that cruise control on my 1260 would be any use whatsoever, but having now used it loads of times on boring dual carriageway and motorway hikes, which I do try in earnest to avoid, I find it an absolute godsend and wouldn't be without it.

The hill hold is not quite as useful, but at times it has proven itself to be incredibly positive, so when tuned into the option, it almost becomes second nature.:upyeah:

Neither of these additions to the bike detract from any of my abundantly apparent high-end riding skills, which riding chums who know me, would be all too ready to acknowledge and testify to....Hold yourselves back guys, it really isn't necessary :eyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information