1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Hill Hold

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by GG33, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Wow, hill start on a bike ?? I never knew mine had it lol ... cant honestly say its something I need though. :)

2. That's just because it has the electronic parking brake.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. I thought the same as you, but now I'm used to having it I wouldn't be without it :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  4. BK I think you are correct IMO, as I've noticed when riding my 1260 back from service last week, it does indeed hold longer than I was used to!

5. You might think differently when you are in traffic on an incline constantly having to hold the bike using the brakes yourself, dazzling the driver behind with the constant rear brake light.
    Just like the incredibly lazy and inconsiderate automatic car drivers seem to think its fine to do.:mad:

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  6. had similar experience with my c class merc. Couldn’t work out why and garage explanation was the usual rubbish they all do that sir - so thanks for the explanation.

For me I find it handy on the multi when touring and in traffic. The original 9 seconds or whatever it was originally on the multi was way too short imho.

7. I think on the car rear brake wear is due to traction control doing its thing, lots of people experience high rear brake wear on track too (unless they turn traction control off)

8. My Bike is still under factory warranty, and its another 10 months until its due a service.
    Should I just call the dealer and ask to drop by for the software update on the hill hold function ?
    I found it a pain going off after just a few seconds :(

9. I take your point to an extent. Generally on the bike though, I prefer to filter if at all possible rather than actively sit in a queue ;) Even now I know I have it on the Multi, I dont think I will need to use it.

In the car - its a great thing, several of my recent cars had it and its great, even more so on automatics. Those cars also tended to have auto handbrake release too, so I dont sit there with the brake lights on .... well not unless the doofus behind is right on my bumper at least :)

10. I didn't know either until the other weekend when the wife and I were on the bike, got caught in traffic on a hill (one of a few here in the Netherlands...) and the bike went into hill stop. I was pleasantly surprised!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. You might find the car keeps the brake lights on when it's hill holding anyway, our '19 Touran does.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Like you I do prefer wherever possible to filter, however, sometimes it's not a practical option or when I can't be bothered, so then hill-hold comes into its own.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. I filter all the time, but at a junction for instance on a steep incline, whether you are at the front or in a queue, it makes life easy. No faffing about holding the bike on the brake. Just put hill-hold on, and away you go as smooth as you like. What's not to like about that.
    As others have said, I also found mine now holds for 30 seconds + flashing, after my recent service. So much better.
    Also I can't see it affecting brake pad wear. I use hill-hold all the time, and I'm still on the original pads after 24,000 miles.

• Like Like x 2
  14. The rear brake on my 1200 Enduro is a bronze colour (has been since a couple of thousand miles), I assume from heat generated brake drag?

15. Thinking about it, would be great if they gave you the option to adjust hill hold to suit how you wanted it. Turn on/ off or set timer duration. Can’t be hard to do via s/w can it....?

16. Sounds like it though I doubt that's specifically down to the hill hold feature.

17. As I am incredibly lazy and can't be bothered digging out my owners manual so I have to ask...does the 1200s dvt have the hill hold?
    Thanks in advance!...

18. The DVT has hill hold, same process as above, pull the lever at standstill and light will come on to show you on dash. You do have to pull quite hard

19. The early DVTs didn’t have this feature.

20. Yay!
    Naaww!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information