1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home Tyre Changing?

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Nelson, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Have the same one by the sounds of it, mains electric blue briefcase type of thing. It's got the 'umph to seat the bead with a loud crack. Does the job perfectly.

2. Yep - thats the one....wife works at Aldi - she gave me the heads up....brilliant bit of kit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Look what arrived today... A1A788D4-0191-4D29-8722-69491DE73723.jpeg

Quality looks.......okay, for what it has to do, pivot pin for bead breaker arm took a bit of persuasion to get through, but it all goes together easily enough.

E54F9683-737E-4D47-A7DE-3D5F70036211.jpeg

No assembly or operating instructions included, so I’m presuming that this aluminium tube is to take the axle diameter up from 18 MM diameter to 25 MM diameter if you need it?
    Trouble is, the bore of this tube is 21 MM internal diameter so you have 3 MM clearance on the 18 MM spigot so it’s a really sloppy fit, or to use an old technical term from my engineering days...” It fits like a prick in a bucket “ !!
    Only trouble is , it’s so long it stops you getting the tyre changing arm on the 18 MM spigot unless you hacksaw a bit off the length of it??
    I’m going to add a rubber bumper under the bead breaker arm just in front of the blade, because if the bead breaks all of a sudden and your not ready for it, in theory you could clout your wheel with the underside of the arm.
    I’m sure it’ll do the job though, soon find out at the end of the month when I’ve got new tyres to mount when my new wheels arrive :upyeah:

4. Mine arrived today as well. Pretty impressed with that service to be honest. Better than many uk based companies.
    I had the same hacksaw thought ref the aluminium tube. :)

5. Mines in transit, can’t wait I have a new tyre to fit to my KaaaToooM the OEM is looking illegal and it’s stopping me riding.

6. Just used mine, did what it should much better than my DIY efforts.

• Like Like x 2
  7. I’m trying to wear tyres out just so I can try it. :astonished:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. You offering free tyre fitting for forum members bud, reckon you’d be busy this weekend if that was the case. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Might be needing wets next week so yeah if you're offering :cool:

10. Anyone experience of this one? Or thoughts? Seems a good price.

11. I have one and found it good, I changed a tyre during the week and it didn’t take so long. Don’t forget to purchase a tyre iron or two, I used fairy liquid to lube the tyre up.

Try and warm the tyre up as it makes the task so much easier.

It’s self assembled and includes no instructions not that I read that nonsense........

Here it is in action

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. That's the one I have. Use tyre warmers to make life easier and some tyre soap. I'd practice on old wheels.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. Just used mine to flip rear slick on track bike.
    Breaking seal. Easy. Tyre removal. Fairly easy.
    Fitting tyre. I worked up a real sweat. Even got a second pair of hands to help. Gave up and used two levers. Job done. what’s the trick re fitting?

14. If it's like the kit I used for fitting tyres when I was an apprentice many decades ago it is vital to push the bead opposite the head of the tool right down into the well of the rim. It was a knack that took a few goes to master back in the day but once you get it then it's a quick and easy job.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. I will let you know next time Hugh and you can come over and laugh at me. :):upyeah:

16. "Keep it simple" don't you know.

17. Tyre warmers or a very warm day are your friends…..

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Yes. Used warmers.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information