1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home Tyre Changing?

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Nelson, Jan 21, 2016.

1. you need to make sure you turn the lever the right way, it's not always clockwise.

2. Ah OK you did lube up though didn’t you, I had help from my Mrs on my BMW tyre change,

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. I did indeed.

4. fnar fnar

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I made up a locking collar to stop the fitting bar riding up off the tyre when fitting the second bead.

not fool-proof but it helps.

fwiw I don't find this machine much less of a sweat to do my tyres than just using levers but it is much kinder on the wheel paint.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Just try to change the tyre two to three times and then you will be expert in doing this.

7. Or just pay a man to do it for you with less damage incurred on the rims.:upyeah:

8. :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. I have one of those Olmax ones....He does a Ducati wheel adaptor as well. Been using it on my race bike wheels for a while now and have not damaged anything and also not needed to warm the tyres up although it has been summer.

http://www.olmaxmotors.pl/

It is more expensive than the 24MX one but it better engineered from what I can tell. You will also get dicked for VAT now we are out of Europe.

It worked on my 748 wheels this morning which the tyres have been on for 18 years without the adaptor (it is on the way) although was a bit of a ball ache on the rear. As I was taking the tyres off to get the wheels refurbed was not too fussed.

Easily pay for themselves in a year if you are racing or doing track days I reckon and means no trips other than to the garage with a brew. Although a nice looking receptionist sounds like a good enough excuse.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I didn't mind changing them myself with chromed steel rims, but was always afraid of damaging mags. Then I'd go to the tyre joint, take the wheel off myself but get the tyre there. Last time - getting on a month ago - I let the shop do it. I'm not familiar with modern prices, but based on what they were long ago, change from £300 for 2 Bridgestones, fitting and balancing seemed reasonable.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information