1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Honda Firebland Track Bike

Discussion in 'Other Bikes For Sale' started by Cream_Revenge, Sep 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think lap 3 was 2 laps

2. Screenshot_20180925-173412_RaceChrono.jpg

The 2 6min laps were me coming in and adjust tyre pressure.

3. To be honest, this is why o bought a track bike and trailer. Was always going to happen eventually.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I've got it on a (smashed) Go pro if the footage confirms it was not my fault. If it doesn't the footage was lost in the accident.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Shit happens matey but doesn’t make you feel better.

That’s a big variance in times. But even a 2’19 is pretty good. I know racers on 600’s that barely beat that

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Bump (get it?:joy::sob:)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Lots of various speeds out there and it's only my 2ns time at Snetterton, 1st was 2016 so I was learning the track.

With no dust/oil, no traffic and +2 rear sprocket ( I hardly hit 6th) I could do a 2:10 on this bike by the end of the next track day I do there.

8. On a positive note, the chances of me now sofa shopping this weekend are really low! :upyeah:

• Like Like x 3
  9. Love your enthusiasm. People go there for years with litre bikes and get no where near a 2’10 on a track day.

Think I did a 2’08 on my k5 playing with an instructor a few years back, last year was lucky to break 2’15 on my gixer.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Please excuse the camera flapping about..........

So, was after lunch, I'd let everyone else do 10 or 12 minutes thinking they'd be coming in soon so go out then and may get a clearer track.

Riding down pit lane, it goes red flag so I sit in the pit in the front row while everyone queues up.

Do 1 warm up lap, 1 faster lap (2:20) then drop it at Montreal.

He comes under late, I'm on a faster line, I should have just held back, but red mist and all that, so i start to add gas to not lose lap time but realise very quickly I'll hit his rear wheel, so stupidly grab front brake.......It all happens so very quick.......The camera doesn't give justice to how close it was but the more I watch it the more it's my fault. Live and learn.

Luckily the engine seems to cut out instantly and there was no fluids on the track or in the oil catch pan.

I think I need a new helmet though as I have a headache now but there is hardly a mark on it.........(bit gutted about that as was £400 Shoei).

Also surprised how much my hip hurts from such a small off. I think I may need better armor in my leathers.

AND.....that's my 1st crash this millennium......wont' be getting that accolade back any time soon...........

Crash is at 5:30

11. To be fair his pass was clean but he did then park it in front of you. My last big crash in qualifying for a race was very similar where I was on the fast line and the guy in front of me did a block pass on another rider and they both almost stopped on the apex leaving me nowhere to go.

Glad you're relatively ok and the bike isn't too badly damaged. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Hope your head ache and banged hip are fine tomorrow.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Agree totally, was clean but did block my line. While he shouldn't do that on a track day if I'd have just accepted it and took a breath rather than getting back on gas it wouldn't have happened. 90/10 my fault.

14. Front folded mate by the looks of it.

15. Yeah as I grabbed the front brake as I was going to hit his back end.

At least I know "why" I went down so can learn.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. How did the pop-up tests go...

17. Nothing wrong with the pass IMHO. What group were you running in?

Still hurts tho #needthumbsdownemoji

18. Needs work..

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. No groups, open pitlane, was massive difference in people's speeds.

20. What I did learn, and this is from a comment by @royalwithcream , is that holding on to the tank with your legs under braking REALLY helps stopping distance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information