1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honda Thread

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by evoarrow, Mar 24, 2021.

1. I remember the 400 four, but not a 350. I assume that the 350 came first?

And those exhausts are immaculate!

2. Spotted this one in Ducati Orlando whilst on holiday a few years ago. Owned by one of the sales guys but he wouldn’t sell it.

1A6E3E82-1DD2-4437-8FB0-8A24EF234B20.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  3. I had this, one owner, 3 months old and 300 hundred miles on the clock. Got it for £7300. I asked him why he was selling it and he said that his new toy had arrived. A Mercedes 500sl AMG soft top..
    Honda 004.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  4. RVF400 sold 2 years ago, still own the SP2.
    20180622_191209.jpg
    WP_20170803_12_09_31_Pro.jpg

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Goes really well with the 5 door Gold Astra:D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. My #2 bike is a Honda.
    Great fun bike.
    Took her for a blast today. Even toured Europe on her. Sometimes being a short ass is a benefit. :)

70557C20-205D-4D0C-9918-C28D1021D1CB.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  7. My son offered me first dibs on this, and like a muppet I turned it down.... :eek::sob:
    Honda RC30 008.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • WTF WTF x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Not sure who’s the bigger muppet, you for turning it down or your son for selling it in the first place?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Tell me.... : unamused:

10. The 350 was a USA model, never officially sold in the UK, only made from 1972 to1974; mine is an early 72 model.

11. Had a short blat on one of those back in the day. Loads of fun when it came on the pipe. You’re right those mid eighties pseudo GP machines big two strokes were special, as today’s prices attest.

12. One I wish I still owned,every ride was an experience, still miss it....
    Sp at port erin  2009 tt (1)_kindlephoto-7512007.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  13. Cheers for the comments, great photos of various Honda's.

14. Loving those SP-2s !!

I almost bought an RC 30, went down to a dealer called Vin Duckett’s near Blackpool I think?
    Went for a test ride on it and was a bit underwhelmed tbh, probably because I’d ripped down there on the “magic carpet “ 1000 exup Yamaha I had at the time, made the RC feel a bit flat,.....solid gold investment now RCs like, and still probably the best looking bike that Honda have ever made

• Like Like x 1
  15. Here's my Honda 'off roader', bought new around 20 years ago. As the sun was out today took it out for a spin. Always say I'll take it easy but end up tanning the tits off it, probably touched 6 mph on the return leg from the wheely bin to the shed.
    Although the ride height is fully adjustable, the suspension is non existant, and the handling is pretty atrocious. Fine in a straight line but hopeless in corners, really need to hoist the front wheels in the air for sharp corners.
    Tyres are OEM originals with remarkably little wear, not much grip although surprisingly sticky when it comes to the neighbour's cat shit.
    Came standard with Honda's remarkable mechanical particle accelerator, which without all of those magnets and liquid helium required by the CERN LHC, and can accelerate pebbles and stones in the lawn, normally invisible to the naked eye, almost instantaneously to near light speed and then decelerate them to zero again using the containment ring with nothing but a loud bang and some mild vibration.
    When I purchased it the salesman was trying to fob me off with some classic British iron, a Suffolk Punch or Atco something, but both only available in green, with some form of weird rotating cylinder apparatus on the front.
    He told me that the Honda chassis was made from old Ford door handles and the engine (I think he said it was a single cylinder all plastic rotary three stroke) was rubbish, although even Mrs Bimble wasn't sure how much of an expert he was on the Otto cycle, but the fact that it was an Easy Start and kicks out 4.5hp on the dyno at it's 2700 rpm red line convinced me this was the way to go.

Hondapower.jpg

What a beauty, and no regrets so far.....

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Something else to add to my wish list :p

17. That was the one that got away! I had all the others including RD/ RZ 500 and the RG. Always wanted the Honda 400 but never had the chance...

Honda did have the edge on the the 125cc class. Their MBX 125 was unbeatable.

18. I had the same model from 2001 until last year when the chassis rotted through...RIP.
    So reliable too I replaced it with a 2020 model.
    I'm only 5'4" & have no trouble handling it.The new model has auto choke but no rider modes, just ride it like you stole it & it doesn't fail to impress, though I did experience a tank slapper on a bumpy uphill stretch of garden, kept it pinned & was able to tame it, window maker indeed...

19. Never knew such a thing existed !

04BCCB89-1C5B-40DB-91C5-DFFC5FA95C23.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Designed for extraction for on the move politicians on canvassing days in Uk.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information