1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honest Opinion Of Ducatisti's before you owned a Ducati ?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by clueless, Apr 11, 2014.

1. The cheek of it...........!! :Rage:

AL.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sweet Zombie Jesus! Those flares are criminal.

3. Ah shoot, I meant envious!

4. Brian said he does remember doing some pickups for a guy.... Could it be you all those years ago....lol

5. At a corner house in Ware, in the man cave? I live in stevenage and that was when i had a Bevel Darmah. Perhaps the 900ss Soo long ago.

6. I worked at shokks in early 80s in shop on Malvern road nw6

7. Never gave Ducati a second thought until one day in 2013 a mate, who's never had a bike said he liked the Ducati Monster. I had a look at the range and fell for an 848EVO. Finally went to look at one and walked passed a second hand 1199S in the showroom. Well I said walked passed, that didn't actually happen. The rest is history. :D

#87 ResB1299, Dec 3, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  8. JerryXt
    ”I've been lucky then. I've never found Ducati people to be jerks. Perhaps one, but I like to think he's just trying to provoke a response, so I largely ignore him.”
    Oh him!, yes he’s a total double dicker, I swap between tolerating and ignoring, but as they say “there’s always one!”

9. I must admit that I don't have much time for the typical Ducati owners. The brand seems to promote that pretentious type and was one of the main reasons that I sold up and went a different route with my bikes, that and the fact that I believe that there are better bikes out there. That being said, this place is great and probably the best forum I use or have ever used.
    I'm a member on other forums as I've got a few different brands of bikes and to be honest, you get the same types everywhere. I hated the stick I used to get off folk and I still get annoyed at folk that try to slag Ducati's with stupid shit like they're unreliable and shit etc. I never had one breakdown or issue with either my 1299S or 899 track bike. Most of that comes from people that have never owned a Ducati.
    Although I think the Ducati brand promotes a certain type, the majority of Ducati owners I've met have been great which isn't always the case with other bike owners.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I've not had the misfortune to meet a stereotypical Ducatisti (i.e. knob) as I'm the only one I know (I may be setting myself a trap here?). The only other Ducati owners I've known personally (2) were good blokes.
    Most non-Ducati owners will suggest reliability issues but that is water off a ducks back

11. Have to say I would have agreed to the typical Ducati owner pre conception myself , but any dealings I have had on here with other owners has been great . Now don't get me started about another forum I rarely visit which serves old yams, which aren't liquid cooled lol .
    Puddy :)

12. I think the Ducati brand is aspirational for a number of reasons:
    1. They’re expensive so can’t be afforded by everyone
    2. There isn’t an entry level range so it’s a bike that you build up to
    3. They are all fantastically stylish, they all look great as a rule (with one or two exceptions down the years)
    4. They’re red & Italian, the obvious link is a Ferrari & they're unquestionably aspirational.
    None of this makes a Ducati rider better than anyone else & for me, other individual bikes have been much loved but I don’t think I’ve ever got the same buzz from the act of owning a bike as I have from my Dukes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I always thought they were cocks.
    I have been a cock for 15 years now...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. You are no way 15 years old :eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. I bet you say that to all the vigilante groups.

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. Hi Dude
    Dont know if we ever met and would not recognise anyone now anyway. But thanks either way for a brilliant place. Shame about what happened to the man himself, very sad.
    I used to love blatting down there from stevenage and asking for whatever seconhand treasure i needed at the time. I dont think there was a time when i didn't find what i needed.
    I think it was even you guys that had a stall at Donington park in '86 when i crashed a goddards on the big track day they had. "Italian festival " it was called.

17. Ass-less chaps

still stands

18. Don’t think I ever had an opinion of Ducati owners before I had one but then I am a bit strange and have suffered many a bang on the head. I just wanted one and loved the colour and sound, never dawned on me that some owners evoked reactions of the positive or negative type. Is it existential or existentialism

19. I like Ducati’s because:-

1. They look cool.
    2. They sound great!
    3. They’re dead expensive and povs can’t afford them.
    4. The V4S is fast as fuck.
    5. And erm, fuck off povs.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Perfect; William Shakespeare couldn’t have penned that better

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information