1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horizons Unlimited 4 Day Event In Mid Wales , Who Fancy's A Get Together?

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by fight the streets fmd, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Hi guys, from Thursday 14th till Sunday 17th of June, it will be the third time that the Baskerville Hall in Clyro, near Hay on Wye, Mid Wales will be the host of the annual Horizons unlimited event, hundreds of bikes and 4x4 cars ( mainly bikes ) will be there for a long weekend of ride outs, workshops, lectures, competitions, lots of pop up stores etc, mainly adventure bikes, from the different brands in attendance, but hundreds of bikers of all sorts will visit just for the day, it is free entrance and free camping I believe, as it is in the absolute riding paradise of Powys Wales and nearly in my back garden I thought I give you a heads up, so you can plan it in while you have still space left in you're busy schedules, it would be nice to make it on Saturday a proper Ducati Day and get as many Forum members there as possible, if the weather on the day is good, I am more then happy to organise a ride out with the Baskerville Hall as starting point and finishing point, and maybe book our selves in for a nice meal in the evening for those who want to stay over! I will lead the slow group, as I am not a very fast rider, I am sure that an another local forum member pops up to take care of the fast devils, we can ride a nice circular route with a few stops where we can join up again, ( Hay on Wye, Llandovery, Lampeter, Aberaeron, Aberysthwyth, Devils Bridge, Elan Valley, Hay on Wye springs to mind) lets start a list from people who would be interested, for more info look on the website Type into google HUBB UK 2018 Baskerville Hall and it will come up, if you don't like camping and need help with B&B choices and hotels, please let me know, I hope to see a lot of Forum members that weekend, should be fun!

2. A little early to plan but I could be down for that. My olds have a place in Tywyn which I like to visit in the summer, love riding down that way. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Been there done that; there is a mammoth amount of interesting info to take on-board. But there is also a lot of cocks who act up for fame & fortune. You or whoever goes will have a great time but I'm worn out dealing with the fakery of modern clowns armed with cameras.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'm in - might be on my Africa Twin mind. B&B details would be great as an option :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Then the journey might beat the destination. Can always ignore the BE11 END's :)
    Come for the ride out anyway :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  6. as I am local, I went down just on the day to have a look around for a few hours to have a look at the bikes and to browse the stands, very relaxed atmosphere, free to walk and roam around, I thought it would be a ideal setting to meet up with a lot of Ducati folk, have a look around, and then make it our own day, as said, when the weather is nice, off we go!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. nice, give it a few days see what the interest is like and I will compose a list with B&B and hotels in different price ranges, there is so much accommodation around here, will never be a problem to get you all sorted, also let someone start a list for people who want to go out for a meal together on Saturday evening, so at some point we can make a reservation, which will be good of the numbers get serious.

8. Sweet. I'd be up for camping as well if a few other people are.

9. 16 June is also Bloom's Day, by the way. For Joyceans.

10. Also if you live in the far North ( every one above Liverpool ), you too are very welcome, the roads should be snow and ice free by then and you can leave your big coats at home lol

11. It could be doable for me in June :)

Some great roads to ride

• Like Like x 4
  12. could be keen on this! Like everything though it will be a last minute call for me as my life is pretty much unplanable ... Would have to be a bnb/cheap hotel for me with safe parking.. No interest in adventure bikes at all but its always great to meet forum members, see ducs and ride.

• Like Like x 1
  13. enough around accommodation wise, lots of them way to difficult for thieves to find lol, you will just meet your host and his sheep:innocent:, I will draft a list with accommodation recommendations this week

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. also there are a fair few bunkhouses around for folks to hang out together, I will add them too

15. I’d be up for going to a pub for a couple of days

• Like Like x 3
  16. after the riding or shall we just drop you off at the pub and meet up again in the evening lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. sheep you say?

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. yip, I still hear from my younger mates in work that they have Baskerville jeans lol, they do all sorts there, they do folk evenings too

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Er, depends on long you will be o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information