1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horizons Unlimited 4 Day Event In Mid Wales , Who Fancy's A Get Together?

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by fight the streets fmd, Feb 23, 2018.

1. yip those white things who shout beeeeeeeeh and meeeeeeeh very loudly, they walk around in our lovely hills and mountains here, surrounded by just fresh air with breath taking views, with the smoothest tarmac crossing through it you have ever seen.........................., and small micro breweries in every hidden valley, producing only the best ales.............will that do you?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Ah come on, let’s go get shit faced

3. tell me more about the sheep...

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. they are very tasty on the Barbeque and they like Chizel's

5. I like that.. Burn the evidence...

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  6. Back to topic, any one else interested in a couple of days in sunny wales this summer, making this a forum meet to remember?

7. so far it seems that not to many fancy a few days riding on some of the best roads in the UK, the Welsh are not that scary, honestly, so if you think you can be persuaded to come out and play, please shout, and if you are reading this and you are a local familiar with the proposed route, and you are normally riding as the devil possessed? we need you to lead the fast group! please shout out very loud if you can help, proposed food is tapas evening with lots of local lagers to help you on your way........................

8. Probably get more interest as bikes are taken out in the sunshine a bit warmer, you know the feeling when you don’t quite want to go home yet :)

9. yes I know but people would like some notice? anyway I will remind people once a month or so and see how it goes?

10. Good idea ftsf ( that’s turns into dysfunctional lol )

11. Hi, just over two months away now, who is coming? If you have never been to mid Wales on the bike, give it a go , you will like it!

12. Can you guarantee it won’t rain? It’s always raining when I go to Wales.

13. Another thing I can’t do. Paloma Faith on Sat, drive to Greenock for a week running around Scotland on the Sunday.

14. You’ll enjoy Paloma Faith :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  15. I have to work on the Thurs-Fri but I'm up for Sat-Sun

16. You are right, it's a gamble, but every summer there is the odd dry day lol

17. Just spotted this. I'd have been well up for it if I wasn't sunbathing in Scotland that weekend.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. It’s one of those Arbitorium events where you take a picnic, enjoy the afternoon ambience then have a dance in the evening open air. Bit far for a cab, so guess I’ll be driving :confused::poop:

• Like Like x 1
  19. My girlfriend lives in abergavenny ( 40 mins away ) and may have a spare room for anyone needing a sleep over

20. I love the roads of mid-Wales (A470, A483, A44, some of the B roads NW of Rhayader and others down to Brecon, even bits of the A40 round Sennybridge). When it was my turn to organise the UKMOC annual weekend away, mid-Wales was the obvious choice. I've just come back from spending the Easter weekend back at the same hotel (this time with car not motorbikes - very glad, given the snow).

But I tend to prefer to stay at least 2 nights as mid Wales is quite a ride from home (4 - 4 1/2 hours avoiding motorways, and that's before tea and cake stops) and I don't have enough unbooked leave left to make a long weekend of it. If the weather forecast for that weekend looks good, I might be tempted, if I can sort last minute accommodation for the Saturday night, but I'm reluctant to commit to 9 hours riding in the pouring rain & camping at this point.

While I'm not an adventure traveller myself (I like proper showers and comfy beds too much to qualify) I do enjoy reading about others' motorcycle adventures (often with a certain schadenfreude), and my mega-mileage Monster can hold its head up proud among the 2 wheeled Chelsea tractors which will no doubt outnumber it at an adventure travel gathering.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information