1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horsham Piazza Italia 2018

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Sharky698, Jan 25, 2018.

1. We are in...... if it is not snowing, or raining cats-and-dogs

2. Will probably go straight to Hop Oast Car Park Chris as I’m local. Christian would probably appreciate teaming up though? Unless we can show him where to ride to beforehand.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Only 40 bikes have been accepted for Horsham...... Given what I know from my years as an organiser, they will be lucky if half of those turn up - especially if the weather is inclement :splat:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Do a sundance then,, it might help:sun::sun::sun::sun::sun::sun::sun::sun::sun::sun::sun:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 4
  6. I’d meet at Box Hill

• Like Like x 2
  7. This is only 4 weeks away now!! Wants to bloody warm up a bit or there’ll only be 39 bikes there

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. 38985066-F47D-446B-935E-9269D9CA3835.jpeg Latest Facebook post from the organisers..

#48 Sharky698, Mar 4, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. A06DA50C-AE2A-42AF-8F3E-51CFFA722C6B.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  10. Some additional information received regarding the meet up & run into town times plus the positioning of the Motorcycles in East St.

‘We will have SERV Sussex lead the parade of bikes first through Carfax from Hop Oast and then around (we will have the lights under control) and into East Street from the Norsat (TV shop situated at crossroads) end.’

‘We will be looking to get a single row each side of the street – from where it is wide enough to offer a 4m clear fire/public access path through the middle – parking in echelon angle using the ‘pavement width either side’, tails to the building fronts and missing doorways and access paths.’

‘Based on our experience we would want the motorcycles to start parking one side at Ask/Nandos Restaurants (furthest point on Right Hand Side of road but just before Carfax) so they stretch back towards the point of entry into East St at the Norsat crossroads.
    Once the RHS is full, the second row of Motorcycles should start parking up on the Left Hand Side BUT beginning approximately one third way up the (narrowing) street & again, finishing at the Norsat Shop crossroads. This staggered formation towards the top end of East St is necessary because the road narrows here and two rows of Motorcycles would restrict access for the general public.
    For reference, The Wabi restaurant is on the left side as you enter East St with the Norsat Shop on the right.’

‘If there was any ‘overflow’ (unexpected on numbers booked) we would use Park Place.’

Motorcycle Timings:

Rendezvous Hop Oast from

11:15

Depart for East Street via Carfax

Display in position

12:25

Ready to depart East Street

15:15

Departure

15:30

‘If there are any Forum members that could be in the first few and then assist with marshalling the bikes that would be great?’

‘Please note the www.horshampiazzaitalia.co.uk redirects to the event facebook page until a new all events website is launched.’

‘We will launch the bike departure right after the Market Square’s cars depart though Carfax..’

Event Emergency Contact: Garry Mortimer-Cook 07917 427631

#50 Sharky698, Mar 16, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  11. For those riders who may have to attend the event on a motorcycle other than that which they’ve registered....

‘Don’t worry, they won’t be turned away at the gate based on type/reg but useful to let us have their alternatives…thanks again’
    :upyeah::cool:

Just to repeat: All Motorcyclists planning to attend must register their Italian Machines!! Organisers have stressed that this is a celebration of Italian vehicles and they do not want a free for all as has happened on previous years.

#51 Sharky698, Mar 16, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Great info Torquepen. Hopefully it’ll warm up a bit by then. See you about 11 on the day then!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ok Shaun.

Just to say all this info is flowing out from the organisers who are working hard to make this a great & safe day out for everyone.
    I’m sure giving this particular post a thumbs up would be much appreciated by the Team behind this event.
    They are reading this thread BTW.

• Like Like x 4
  14. I’ve informed team of bike swap.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Some welcome news just breaking...:upyeah::)
    ‘Springboard Project charity will operate a helmet and leathers store (small donations encouraged) in the small empty shop next to La Source in East Street.’

• Like Like x 2
  16. I’m told that on arrival at Hop Oast car park, we’ll be checked in (reg numbers) and handed a Riders Lanyard Pass which confirms our place in the through town parade and gives our bikes access to the final East Street display position.

The Piazza Italia stickers (familiar to those who have attended before) will probably be handed as part of the package.
    These should be placed in a prominent position, visible to all & towards the front of the motorcycle just to confirm we’re part of the show.

I’m not sure what form these Lanyard passes will take. Obviously an arm (used by Skiers) mounted holder would better suit us bikers but be prepared to be given a neck hanging one. We’ll just have to tuck them in our jackets for the short ride in. Unfortunately they’ve become necessary to stop interlopers. But they will give us access to discounts offered by various companies displaying their wares about town :)

Riders will each be given a copy of the Event programs at Hop Oast RV point so make sure you’ve got a spare pocket to put it in.

Toilets will be available at Hop Oast. In town, directions to public toilets will be evident on blue coloured wayfinding ‘monoliths’ to guide you.

E00DA728-E394-407F-B4A1-77A52D8F30F1.png
    http://springboardproject.com/

Premises supplied by: http://www.lasourcedesign.com

Local magazine. Pages 6 - 9 feature the event:
    http://aahorsham.co.uk/content/horshamevents2018

#57 Sharky698, Mar 24, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Got my email today confirming the above. Not that it really matters but there was no mention of bike stickers I remember reading, might be wrong but it said stickers for cars just lanyards for bikes.

Let’s hope the weather greatly improves in a weeks time!

I’m still planning to go to Box Hill first to meet and then ride to the Hop Oast.

18. B35E907B-1C89-4C9C-96A5-DA1353778DCE.jpeg
    That’s possible Shaun. They’ve always supplied a sticker to bikes in the past so it may have changed? I’d be prepared to place one though.
    With no screen on the m900 I’ll probably stick it on front mudguard temporarily.

19. I also read it as only a lanyard for bikes.
    Cross fingers for better than forecast weather (snow again, it says atm).

Do Not Sell My Personal Information