1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

House Hunting Is Stressful!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Zhed46, Nov 27, 2019.

1. My daughter has been commuting into London for the past few years and, added to the long hours she works, I worry about her health. We are only 25 mins from London but then it’s tubes and buses, getting to and from station. Not fun.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. I could do you a forum discount of 10%. On my house as it’s going for sale, heating bills are quite high lol but it’s set in 12.5 acres with a motox track for when your mrs gets on your tits and you need to escape ha ha ha

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. :eyes:
    never saw that coming :upyeah:

4. there'll be a welcome butty........

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. That sounds fkn amazing, close to perfect in fact but we are just going to be renting at the moment, unfortunately.

Long story short - me and my ex wife lived in her housing association house so we never bought anywhere and when we split 10 years ago, I was just starting pupillage and in no position to buy something. Then several years of only doing criminal legal aid work led to some very hard almost Dickensian times of which some selected highlights were eg: I couldn’t afford to heat the ground floor of my house one winter during which I also got early stage frostbite in my toes because I had a hole in my shoe but couldn’t afford to have it resoled in order to keep the snow and ice out, I was regularly late to court because my card had been declined at a station ticket machine, and on one memorable occasion, I came out of court to find a voicemail from a bailiff who’d clamped my car due to non-payment of council tax.

Plus, the girlf is exercising right to buy on her council flat, which takes up to 9 months, so strictly speaking the place will be mine alone until that’s sorted, she gets a tenant in and then will move in with me fully. After that we will be looking to buy somewhere, but it’s a year or two away at least.

#25 Zhed46, Nov 28, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  6. You'll be fine - in a year or so I believe Labour are doing free houses :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Meanwhile back in Yorkshire, I can remember when..........................................

TB

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Yorkshire, pah! I remember living in a pothole in the road - 18 of us :D

• Funny Funny x 6
  9. Luxury!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Pothole? you were lucky.....

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. over here i had to move 6 times in 3 years as only 6 month lets where available. i only intend to move one more time.
    a plot big enough for a static and a big fug off shed

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. As a Ltd Co. contractor (scumbag) I have to move regularly to avoid the attention of HMRC (in reality my wife likes to change house more regularly than average). It costs a fortune and sucks big time, I would prefer a large garage with a flat above but they don't often come up :rolleyes: and when they have they are 'not suitable' o_O
    The more you do it the easier it gets as you tend to find places that don't need much doing other than a lick of paint - beware of properties with 'potential' - the Barratt box has advantages :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  13. I was five and you were ten

14. Barrat,bloor, wimpey and David Wilson must have shares in grip fill as thats what the current new crock of shit they build is made of

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Ha! I was waiting for someone to reply with “Luxury! When I was a lad....” :laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Link please.... sounds ideal.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Just renting a field and parking my soon to be purchased motorhome in it is looking increasingly attractive actually :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. You need big dogs and a chrome dripping Range Rover for that 'proper' look though :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Fin... is this you and yours?
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Not up for sale yet as need to get Xmas out the way and I won’t be here over crimbo. She will be on in January

Do Not Sell My Personal Information