1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Are They Faring?

Discussion in 'Supersport (2016 onwards)' started by finm, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Nice bike Hannann, my 1299S had the quickshifter fail weeks ago and thrown an eml. Partners 749S clutch failed on the ride to mugello..fixed for 300euros inc oil/filter and belt check....again...lower cyl loose...
    Ive had a 916 '95 new, 748sp new, 996 hm plant hodgie rep 2001.....All far superior beings than the scantily protected (read the water ingress reports) supersport touring with £1100 optional "touring" panniers and £250 alarm system with £100 rubber mounted footrests and £140 tank bag...only for use in the dry when temps are above 19C....ie not in scotland. Its interesting others have had discs replaced, silencers, cables, exhaust valves, screens etc...everything my bike is exhibiting yet......Ive neglected mine... for neglect read: ridden 2500 miles on UK roads (washed after each trip) 100 miles tops in winter and if it had been dark, I could have been dead given the total unsuspecting power failure the electrical systems have had - not to mention the front brakes binding on to the extent I couldnt ride it to the dealer or the brake fluid water absorption -for the warranty repair......which turned out not to be warranty..but a partial goodwill gesture...I dont think my custom is valued, if at all... I'm glad there are people having great fun with their SS. Truly am. I'm dismayed at the way Ive been treated and I'm paying for a bike effectively stored now...I waited 2 months last summer for a service, a month this year on an appointment to have it looked at...not at all satisfactory I'm afraid. I do hope Ducati read this, Ive been a fan since seeing my first 888 at a dealership near RAF Halton in the 80's never dreaming I'd end up with such prestige ownership..I AM GUTTED.

IMG_5009.JPG

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. 20160610_140111.jpg 2019-06-28_10-58-01.jpg 2019-06-28_10-58-18.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  3. The NSR500 replica I made myself. I know how to put a motorcycle together and take care of it as I do the boeing 777, 737, Airbus A320, Embraer 170/190, British aerospace RJ85/100 and Dornier 328-100..
    The Supersport S and Ducati have broken my faith..

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mine is 1 year old, around 2000 miles and it’s as clean as when I got it, don’t want to speak too soon but it’s been ok.
    Mirrors are shite, sometimes gearbox sticks between 5th and 6th and neutral is a pig to find a lot of the time.
    Will get the clutch recall adjustment done when it’s in for it’s service.

5. not asking to name or shame. in your opinion, re the service/aftercare, would you say its a dealership or manufacturer issue? thats a lot of problems for just one bike. bar the corrosion, which in my mind cant be anything other than manufacture, the mechanical,electrical issues are also assembly issues, in what state are these bikes delivered to the dealer? is there much assembly required? is there any preventative measures the dealership, with its product knowledge, should be doing but are not? which might explain the the different experiences of ownership across the board.
    for me, the time has past, the opportunity of a sale wasn't followed through. i have an inclination why that might be, but time will tell.

6. Can’t fault my dealer. Snell Ducati in Alton have been nothing short of superb.

7. I had one of the 1st in the UK when it was released, White S. 16,500 miles and used it to commute every day rain or shine for a 38 mile roundtrip. The bike has been bulletproof. I now use it for the bad weather commute and use my Tuono for good weather. Chalk and cheese...... but strangely the SS surprises me as to how quick on certain stretches in comparison.... however it feels a little agricultural compared to a V4.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information