1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 How Do I Know If My Wheelie Control Is Active?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Mike4702, May 18, 2018.

1. 1299

Does a light flash?

Much obliged!

2. Mine had a list of settings along the bottom of the dash depending on what 'Mode' you are in. It's 'DWC' and is 2nd in from the right iirc. :thinkingface:

3. Hi, yes, sorry, got that bit... I had it on 8 and nothing seem to happen. E.G. front wheel came up... wondered if it was faulty.

4. Don't you have a manual?
    DTC & DWC share the same amber warning light at top/centre of the dash. It's item #10 on the diagram on page 25. There is a description on page 23.

5. Rev it to the limiter select first and drop the clutch!
    :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Hi, yes I have a manual... thats why I am finding it strange that I am not getting an orange light and wondered if it was faulty.

Why didnt I think to drop the clutch ;-)

7. Your question implied that you didn't know whether or not a light was supposed to flash.

Try harder and drop the clutch as suggested. Or find a busy local high street with lots of pedestrian crossings, select second gear and then pin the throttle. Let us know how you get on. I promise to come and visit you. I will bring chocolate. :)

8. Roger that, I will wait until rush hour!!

9. In seriousness does it kick in hard or just let the front hover on max setting?

10. None of the electronic aids kicks in hard. That is what makes them so good. You just ride the thing and let it do it's stuff. You shouldn't really notice them. I don't count ABS here.

11. Ok, I will set anti-wheelie to 8, and if I don't report back in a few days it must be faulty!! I will be in a ditch with a 1299 on top of me ;-)

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Ok, I will set anti-wheelie to 8, and if I don't report back in a few days it must be faulty!! I will be in a ditch with a 1299 on top of me ;-)

13. Just wind it open hard in second on a straight and don’t back off. I suspect 8 (assuming that’s max) will keep the front fairly firmly planted, maybe inch up. FWIW multi has 3 stages. 3 it barely lifts, 2 you get maybe a foot, 1 and it’s waist height before it cuts power. Off and it I’ll simply flip.

14. ;-) yes perhaps my well trained wrist ;-) is quicker acting that max wheelie control... lol just need to try and trust it. Gulp

Do Not Sell My Personal Information