1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT How Do You Get On Your Multistrada?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Sam1199, Aug 11, 2019.

1. 85C26988-9252-4717-AB2C-2916E04AA77F.jpeg Well you can always do a conversion?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. I have used the pegs to get on and off, usually the left peg but on occasion the right one, depending on the camber...never had it topple over but getting the bike off the stand can require be a bit too much effort IMHO.

3. I never stand on the foot pegs to get on or off - just swing my leg over the seat, that can look like a karate kick if there is Kriega Bag on the pillion.
    I just cant believe that the bolt holding the side stand in place has been tested to take a riders weight as well as that of the bike! Maybe that is why some side stands bend?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. I seem to remember a recall on the early Multistrada for the the side stand ?

5. Depends on weather you are size FB. I am quite skinny so legs bend pretty good. Up to bike cock leg over fully bent to miss panniers & hey ho job done. Getting off after a long 15 mile ride same bend leg & kick wholly shit out of everything & think, you silly old bastard. Time to pack it in.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Six feet tall with 32" inside leg so manage... just. Occasionally clout pannier top or top case with boot, no lasting damage so far. Don't always do it but I find holding the shin of my right leg as I cock it over the bike can help.

Touratech comfort seats with rider seat on the high setting.

#26 Bumpkin, Aug 12, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  7. I’ve got a 30inch inside leg and it’s a struggle would never step on pegs to get on as I don’t trust the side stand always try to plan where I park up and try to check for a chamber in the road I’ve got a low seat on mine which has helped but in the winter was thinking of slimming the sides of the seat down just to make things a bit easier

8. Blimey. All your tall lot seem to have it no easier than me with a 27 inside leg ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. One legged chicken dance for the win. Works every time.

• Like Like x 1
  10. No luggage, swing my leg over as usual (33" inseam). Bag on the back seat? I need to do a sort of clumsy Fosbury flop scissor kick. I badly sprained my left ankle on tour last year and pulling this manoeuvre was nigh on impossible and had to get help on and off from my riding buddy for a few days. Also, if you're doing the Moulin Rouge high-kick, make sure you don't get off too close to an obstruction. If you can't hop backwards, you can end up wedged half-off, half on the bike. I have never stepped on the peg while on the side-stand.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I am 5ft 8" and my multistrada is the only bike I have actually put the seat raising adaptor on! I love it just come back from Brno 2300 mile ride its lovely

12. With the bike on side stand, simple swing a leg over, if the bike is loaded with panniers I tend to grab my flares, lifting my right leg as high as possible and charge towards the bike at the same time hopping.
    Works for me!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Cool...............introduce yourself properly in the newbies section too Dave :)

14. I climb on via the left footpeg - better stop if the side stand ain't up to it!

15. Flares & platform boots ? [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Yep, that’s them.
    :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Nice. Funnily enough I was watching a Mott The Hoople video on Youtube this morning. Those were the days......

18. I think a lot of the reluctance to use the pegs is understandable as some will have heard horror stories where bikes with side stands are fitted direct to the alloy engine casing and the strain has caused cracked/broken casings. However, on the Multi this is not the case...plus, consider how much strain is put on the stand and its mounting/pivot when the bike is strapped down on a ferry - I'm sure if it can stand this it can carry my weight, in fact I know it can (did).

19. Can't believe this subject is even being discussed

• Like Like x 2
  20. upload_2019-8-12_18-27-29.png
    MTS rider standard mount/dismount position... :joy:

upload_2019-8-12_18-26-17.png

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information