1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT How Do You Get On Your Multistrada?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Sam1199, Aug 11, 2019.

1. It won’t be even 10st never mind 18 or more.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. I don't weigh 18st (or 10 for that matter :( ) but the way my seat was always buckled by the strap (even with the padding) I suspect it was the equivalent of a fairly hefty person.

3. I wonder, is this an age related issue?

4. Have you got a Multistrada?

Have you tried getting on an off it with luggage?

At least this is not the Brexit thread.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I can offer some safety advice

When you look for a funny on you tube for this thread and type, "mounting your motorcycle" be careful. Apparently motorcycle in you tube lands turns, into donkey

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Yes I've had 4 in total
    Yes
    Next question

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. So how do you get on it then ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. I mount if from the rear cowboy style

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. How vary brokeback of you :upyeah:

10. I don't trust the side stand to risk standing on it with full luggage. I would much rather swing my leg over the seat with it bent. It usually isn't an issue, not even on my enduro, and I'm less that 6foot.
    With bags on the back seat it becomes a bit more of a drama, but simply holding the bars, bending over sideways, and posting your right leg through the gap whilst shuffling heel-toe towards the bike works. Its no different to what people on sports bikes with rear luggage often have to do.

Someone we know who regularly rides with a pillion has her(pillion) get on first (she gets on the riders pegs/seat then shuffles back), then he get on. It looks very precarious but it works for them, and apparently they have never had an incident.
    My wife on the other hand has to get on the left and off the right, getting off the left becomes a major drama :yum:laughing:

11. Whenever possible I put the bike on the sidestand with the bike in the gutter and turn the bars to the right
    I'm a bit of a short arse but it works for me

12. Added bonus of being on a kerb too then :upyeah: I’ll look for kerbs wherever possible.

The GS has lowered suspension and it is so much more manageable. Plus I’m removing the rear seat and fitting a cover instead to make it super easy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I park up next to the kerb whenever possible as well.

On flat ground it isn’t easy though and I’ve got fairly long legs.

I just don’t feel it’s safe to stand on the foot peg while the bike is on its side stand. Hence the thread.
    Centre stand, yes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. I've read somewhere I think in this very forum that putting the bike in urban mode when parking lowers the suspention then once on the move again change to your desired setting so I will be trying that tomorrow

• Like Like x 1
  15. What I used to do. Ignition needs to be on. Also did same if waddling thru lots of traffic

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sit on the bike stationary with both feet on the ground, change modes into urban and you can feel the back end sink....slowly.

It does help getting on and off.

• Like Like x 1
  17. We do it the old fashion way:

18. In times of a shoot out, have you ever jumped off a balcony and straight on it?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  19. Unfortunately I live in a bungalow

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. How do your pillions get on and off ? Especially with luggage!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information