1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT How Do You Get On Your Multistrada?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Sam1199, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Dunno what all the fuss is about, a simple mod to your boots and job jobbed

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Girlfriend is 6' with long legs and pretty flexible. She manages to get on swinging her right leg over the topbox. I'm a lucky guy :D

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. Pics or it didn't happen!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Fortunately the wife stopped riding pillion 20 years ago

5. pillion left foot on left pillion peg, stand on peg whilst swinging on riders shoulder (whilst they do their best to hold the bike upright with all the fuss going on), step over the seat with right foot, moan about foot getting caught (while rider still wrestles with an off balance bike), moan about cramp setting in, finally leg over onto other peg (or where it should be), then moan about peg not being down and it being the riders fault for not checking.

Well pretty much like that anyway, most times :yum
    Panniers dont affect it much, and mrs W won't go on the bike without the top box, so can't comment on that.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yeah, that seems to be the way on my Multistrada as well.

I wonder if a design or manufacturing fault.

Come to think of it, it’s definitely a design fault.

7. The 1260 seat height is much lower than the previous iterations.
    The older version was a tall bike but so are other brands in this realm.
    Ok, I must admit that this has been a fun thread to read and participate but perhaps it's time to turn the page?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. Pop the handlebars in full left lock position, take 3 or 4 steps back, take a bit of a run up, swing my right leg over and generally hope for the best. So far, so good. Although with that approach I had fallen off the other side of a bike before now (a KLX, not my Strada). I've tried a few different ways, especially with luggage on. None of them have been... graceful.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Not being the tallest of people 5'8 32inch inside leg getting on bike has always been fun for me, I have the pikes peak multistrada with no centre stand. It had a recall this year for a side stand upgrade now solid and yes I use it to get on the bike.

11. I have urban mode set to minimum preload which lowers the bike and makes it easier to get one foot on the ground when stopping etc. It only takes a few seconds to switch modes.

12. The Pike Peak doesn't have suspension modes Olins front & rear pay more for less technology !!

13. But a superb ride on Ohlins though.

#73 michel couque, Apr 20, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  14. I certainly hope you're saying that to stir-up a hornet's nest. ;)
    Otherwise, that would be blatantly ignorant.
    While they're not electronic, the quality of damping, sensitivity and ease of servicing is more than an offset.

#74 DarR, Apr 20, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  15. 29 inch inside leg and a DVT. Generally not an issue at all getting on or off. I think confidence is the key, like most things motorcycle related.

If its on the main stand, I either climb on via the footpeg and rock it off, just like I used to do with my AP50 back in the day :D or more commonly, roll it off the main while standing alongside with the side stand down. Drop it on the side stand, swing a leg over from the floor and then left the bike off the ground...its very rare I climb ON a bike with the side stand down.

I have climbed off on to the peg with the side stand down other bikes when its been on full luggage, I have also done the dance getting off when I dont use the foot peg and get a foot hung up so that I fall on my arse.

Always good in ferry queues that one :) (not had the Multi luggaged up yet to try it)

16. He was just so cool, y’all worrying about seat height and all y’all need is skillz.

y’all tm @Loz

• Love You Love You x 1
  17. MULTISTRADA 1200DVT, AND 1,59 meters, no problem

18. 1200 DVT and 6’3” easy peasy.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information