1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do You Grip Your Length?

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by JH_1986, Mar 21, 2019.

1. I tend to do this on my 848 and twiddle my fingers for a bit of circulation.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I get an ache in the ball of my right thumb whther I am on the 916 or Mutley. I have a relaxed grip, no weight on my arms and no matter what i have tried it persists. I have osteoarthritis in my big toes so I can only assume it's a similiar problem developing... bit of a bummer this gettig old malarky! :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. I just hurt everywhere. Isn’t that normal?
    Morning
    Afternoon
    Evening
    Pain.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. How I feel every morning after 35 years racing motocross lol

16541765-5C03-4D64-9A44-B9224425C24E.jpeg

5. Yup. 3in1 every day.
    I have been know to have to crawl to the bathroom (sober) on some mornings, especially if it’s cold and j have been at rugby/gig/long walk etc say before.

6. Lol I walk backwards some days down the stairs in the mornings.
    I run nearly every night as it’s the only way I can stop myself seizing up

7. Dog walking.
    Bike riding (no pedals).
    Beer

8. I got some cheap (<£5) compression gloves off Amazon (worn under bike gloves) that help a lot with arthritis in my clutch hand.

9. I now have an Atlas throttle lock, which is great for getting a bit of circulation back on motorways.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Must order some grip buddies, as my LHS has partialy worn away after 4 years hard use.

11. I use cricket bat handle rubber - spongy and increases the diameter of the grip so your fist is less closed about £2 on ebay and it does both sides - just peel it over the top of the conventional grip

12. "said Jeremy Beadle..."

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. ............….'-:eek::upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Interesting idea. Tennis racquet grip may also be just as good.
    I do like the Grip Puppies though. Obviously makes the grip bigger, but that layer of foam makes riding so much more comfortable.

The weirdest thing. Hairspray as opposed to Fairy Liquid makes it fantastically easy to slide them on.

15. I have grip buddies on my 748 and it has made it a bit more comfy to ride, yes makes a bigger grip so adjust your levers an extra turn inwards.
    [​IMG]

16. im undecided on the grip puppies... i have em on the 900 ss... have done for a good few thousand miles and cant decide if i like em or not...
    they do lessen the vibes ever so slightly i think, but they increase the reach to the lever.. i have rather large hands for a lil bloke so i can still manage no prob but i get a lil cramp from having me fingers outstretched just the lil bit further... reducing the lever span aint really and option as the lever would hit the grip before the bike was close to slowing down!!!!

17. On my last blackbird, I changed the handle bar ends from factory to an aftermarket heavyweight pair and this seemed to dial out enough of the vibration in the bars that the usual numbness and vibration was dramatically reduced on all but the longest of runs

18. I prefer these puppies :thinkingface:

a100049_twins8.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. Still on my to-do list of things to renew & indeed wire-lock. Because of theiving scumbags nicking my wrist rests'

Do Not Sell My Personal Information