1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Far To The Sun?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Nelson, Sep 24, 2018.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  1. And not even blonde...

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. She'd get it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. With a White board, a marker and a lot of patience...... Probably not.

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Next she will be on FB complaining that she is being bullied & harassed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I'm fairly certain she runs several accounts on this Forum.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. I hope she smokes a mean pipe...Or she's proper f*cked...:splat::splat::splat:

7. Dont mention to her that we are closer to the sun during 'winter' but due to procession and the tilt of the earth etc, the energy is dispersed over a greater area. Thus the W/m² is reduced.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Cold in the winter, day contracts so days are shorter.

Warm in the summer, day expands so days are longer.

Basic physics, mate.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Yeah, due to tilt of earth on its axis.

10. Nonsense. It is due to fabulousness.

11. Yes, 23° of fabulousness

12. Nah, 100% fabulousness.

13. More to the point if its absolute zero out in deep space - y'gonna get to a point where you get that close to the sun...its gonna be room temperature at some point... :)

14. Don't forget that the Sun's radiance will raise your temperature well above that of "room temperature" anywhere around the Earth's orbit. I don't know how far from the Sun you need to get to get room temperature when in direct sunlight.

15. I salute you...you actually took that seriously - i really need to up my game on the comedy front...

• Like Like x 1
  16. He never :eyes:

17. There are plenty of idiotic youtube channels pretending to be spastics for money. Even if this women doesn't understand the physical movement of the Planet we call Earth. She was quite right about been closer to the equator which also is directly responsible for being nearer the Sun.

Some couples literally play the fools for cash because our elite have now decided to instead of berate people into submission. They propagate 'actors' into separating people into groups of viewers & doer's.

ps: A little over 8 & half minutes we see the light which was emitted from are Star. Which is how we also get what is defined a light-year, how far light travels over the distance of one Earth year.

18. Apologies for troubling you in your comfy sofa in your comfy temperature room.

19. Reminds me of the end of Dark Star when one of them surfs into the sun on a ladder!!

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information