1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 How Fast Should A 996s Be ?

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by crowned, May 4, 2021.

1. That sounds about right considering the bike is 200kg and 115hp...due to nostalgia people tend to overrate the real performance of the old bikes forgeting that the times have moved on. Compared to a modern(ish) 600cc. the 916-996-998 are heavy and underpowered.
    Disclaimer :) Not saying these are bad bikes or any less fun on the road and track..

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. What tyre profiles are you using? Speedo accuracy is only possible with with the right tyre 'height'.

3. I think your backpack must have been an issue for sure. Based on my experience your Euro S should be good for significantly more than 245km/h..
    Back in the day when I still did really stupid things on the road, I saw 270, relatively easy, km/h on the speedo ( easy in that I wasn't fully tapped out in 6th ). This was on a fairly stock, N. American, '01 996.
    I was chasing an '05 R1 and K5 gsxr1 at the time and was right with them, they weren't getting away. I'm not sure that I've ever been more impressed with my 996!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nice Ti cycle in the foreground.:upyeah:

5. Glad you like it ! It's a 61cm litespeed ultimate, mostly dura-ace (even the stem, with hidden handlebar clamp bolt), with an american classic seatpost and delicate topline cranks.

6. 150mph phew tbh for me that'll do. I have touched just over 170 in my old F type and 150 plus on a friends Rizla suzuki. But TBH it frightened the life out of me and could not see a thing on the bike, That's why the Supersport 939 ticks a box for me.... Big girls blouse I am

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Those cranks look the dogs bollocks you’ve got a nice build on that, alas I’m a Campagnolo fanboy. :)

I have a Litespeed Solano, they’re beautifully made I love mine it’s just soaks up road vibration so well you can ride all day without hurting from road noise.:upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information