1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Heavy Is Your Helmet?

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Expat Jack, Aug 4, 2020.

1. I used bell carbon helmets for racing. I think they were about 1000g. I smashed two in a season so changed to HJC then.
    In one crash I smashed a hole in the side of the carbon helmet but never felt a thing and didn't even have a headache.

They do say no sense no feeling.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Be interesting to see when the AGV boys show up how heavy or light they are @brettski A few more Shoei would be good too. And Shark.

3. the pista gp is supposed to be around 1280g and my gt veloce 1300 but im not sure if thats visor included. i do no that the 2 feel very similar in weight and the veloce is the lightest helmet ive owned . i love it coming from the arai rx7

• Like Like x 1
  4. I don’t know, but the mrs refuses to pick it up!

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Mines a shark carbon Sparta, 1290

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. the rx7 i had was old school (about 10 years old ) and was 1680 or something. 400g offa ya lid is massive!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. 25% reduction ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. ish..... 24.2 at a guess

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. well 22.62% is the best i can come up with but im a lil rusty....

10. @ Chizel
    My one is the X-Lite 803 Ultra Carbon (RS) I think it is the same as ELT?
    (this has a clear spoiler on the back). Ligher than my Arai for sure.

I thought it was poor/cheap build quality (due to lightness, padding etc) until I used it first time.
    Track and road I'm 100% happy with it, but I am sure there are better if spending a bit more.

11. is yours the rs?

12. I think it is the same lid, X803 Ultra Carbon, the RS stands for Race -track- Setup (which I think is just marketing bs) unless it is because of the rear spoiler?

13. from my limited research today, the rs seems to stand for about 200 quid more! and someting to do with the spoiler.. and they mostly seem to have rs written on the side
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Too Heavy. But it is a 3xl...
    1,714 grams. Icon Airflite

16. ones a puro gloss ultra carbon and one is an rs.

17. Have this one full carbon.
    I looked on Agv website and they say 1350g, about 4 feathers in weight :)

IMG_0044.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. 20200804_181617.jpg
    Yes the name is different (graphics) but the lids are basically the same I can tell by looking at El T's link it has several images that rotate the lid. I have mine in front of me. Mine is Gloss finish but wasn't described that way. As I said Marketing. A rear wing and some graphics, the shell is still an 803 Ultra carbon. As above my helmet comes with the bits to convert the rear wing to the same back end as EL T's..

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. bollox.. not you, very handy info . typically the one i want is the blac n white one but only available in the rs for about 430 quid (cheapest ive seen so far on line).. wouldnt have minded paying that if i thought i was getting more for my more but if its the same lid with a graphic, i wont bother at all....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information