1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diavel How Legal Would This Be?

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by Carbon749, May 24, 2017.

1. Ive run a 7x4 plates on all my bikes over the 20 years .... Drz 43k from new my Africa Twin 17k and now my Hypermotard .... never a problem :D

2. Love it.... Vanity Tax...

3. Been using 7x5 for over 20 years on various bikes, fingers crossed, never had a pull. I think in most areas they leave you alone if they ain't "take the piss" small.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I hope to be getting some pics of pisstake number plates at the tt ( going tomorrow )....theres always someone that does!

5. Ive seen em as small as the reflector on the back of 1*98's.

For me its all about proportionality. The sail barge standard plates look out of place and it just grates my OCD sense of proportions. Well, thats my excuse officer.

6. Trying a 6"x5" plate first, using the standard size font for the plate. Easiest thing for me to get hold off at short notice.

My longer term plan, is to go for a 6.5" x 5"/5.5". I have a friendly decal company that can make up plates and "tweak" the size of the letters. By reducing the spacing around the digits I should be able to get almost legal size digits on the plate. Or at least close enough not to look like I'm taking the pee too much.

Many years ago, on my 748, I removed the reflector that sat above the cans and below the seat unit, and replaced that with a number plate. Looked brilliant, but, got pulled within 15 mile of home and "asked" to change it :)

7. Heard yesterday that Derbyshire's finest are having a crack down. Two customers had just been stung to the tune of a £100 a piece. For 7x5's......

8. Happy to give a small plate a try and see how I get on, thanks for the warning.

9. If anyone is interested the precise size requirements in force now are here from page 9 https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...le-registration-numbers-and-number-plates.pdf
    Basically it specifies the character size (64x44x10mm), spacing (10mm, 13mm and 30mm) and border width (11mm), it also mandates two lines for a bike.
    My MOT man says non compliant plates are a fail (since Oct 07 although there is some recent alternative directive on this). You pays your money and all that but a lot depends on the local police attitude which can change with a new Chief Constable. Have to say it is a red rag to many and if you watch the police programs is often seen as an indicator of other driving violations. For me its a noisy end can and sod the plate, I don't need the attention. Interesting to see what you can get away with

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Twelvey now wears a nice 9x3. Ti akro now eye candy from rear.

11. Twelvy?? WTF!! You named your bike. I'm assuming the bootsam is Samantha then? (girl wearing pink looking a bit gay emoji) :punch:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Oh FFS, Why don't they fuck off and go get some real crims?

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. It's a well known fact that hard working individuals being brought to justice for menial things provide a much better funding pot for the Xmas party than the oxygen thieving scumbags that commit proper crimes!

We are also much easier to catch too unfortunately. Still, I have a 7x5 and 'touch wood' have had no problems with the boys in blue to date...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ive threebikes so i have ninesy, elevensy and twelvey. Theyre hardly names as such. Just ways to discern between the 916, 1198 & 1299. :cool:
    Although elevensy is looking for a new home.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. You could always discern them G, A and Y ??

PS Would twelvey and thirteeny not be nearer the mark for the 1198 and 1299 ? (Still gay though)

16. Not nearly as gay as the hairdressers audi in your avatar. Just sayin.... :p

17. Lucky I sold it then eh... Phew, dodged a bullet there eh ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Didn't they recently reverse the parking charges in Matlock? If so maybe the council are trying to recoup some of that...

19. I agree with comfy sofa, I have a small plate and even had the plod give me a thumbs up for the exhaust note.

If they won't attend a burglary they won't pull u for a plate that is small and less than vertical.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information