1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Long Can You Ride For.....

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Lizzyfan, Jul 20, 2021.

1. High mileages are necessary sometimes to get to places where you can enjoy the roads. Langres (sometimes Troyes) is our stop over before the alps. On the way there, it was cool and we used departmente roads. On way back it was scorchio so autoroute.

400m or 7-8hrs is fine per day. Then a day of rest. Then hit the alpine twisties.

2. that's why we take the bikes in a van and then get out and hoon around the mountains/forests in germany or france. but usually do around 150+ miles high speed jaunts per day when there - and that's plenty :)

• Like Like x 3
  3. So tell us about the French girl?

4. Just done 9 hours……. TOO MUCH

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Surely that all depends on the carrot size.:p.........how many times have you gone in the wrong direction for miles looking at the below moving vistas.
    ed7a2b36328bd7affed14436dee2b456.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  6. It’s not girl… it’s girls.

• Like Like x 1
  7. This is getting very complex!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. I can ride for longer than I try to.

I work at home looking at my computer the whole day sitting on a chair. I am absolutely certain this is not good for my back and body. Traveling on my bike doesn't help this. Now, I can go directly where I want if it takes many hours, but I usually try to make a break at max 1 hour to take a coffee, stretch etc. I am absolutely certain that trying to make your body as stretched/loose as it can be, will pay dividends when I'm old.

Sure, if I'm doing long distance days, I adapt, but still try to do stretching and taking a short break when you need to fill up, check the map etc. Won't make a big difference on the time of the trip, but will do so when you get to where you are going to...

For me it is harder to stop for a break early than to continue, it kind of breaks the mojo and I just want to get on with it.

• Like Like x 2
  9. The first solo foreign adventure I had was spending the entire summer just outside of Antibes, starting off with sleeping on the beach at night and selling Orangina, watermelon by day. 1982 was a very good year...

• Like Like x 2
  10. 2hrs in one hit on my 1200R is about all i want. My backside is going numb as the seat foam has compressed and my knackered knees (football) need a break. i did 1800 miles in 8 days on a spain trip last October.
    I have the comfort seat which has firmer foam that still compresses and adds 20mm or something and that helps a little, but i wouldnt say was worth the outlay.
    Im now trying one of these air comfort seat things. Massive improvement BUT its slippery if you wear leathers. Again a slight height increase which helps my knees.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. I used to drive peoples boats from Antibes and Golf Juan harbours!!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nice in Nice! What was the name of the English bloke that arranged all the yachties work in Antibes harbour? Always had his 911 (brown?) parked on the dockside by his boat.

We may well have been in Le Yacht or Bar Le Port / Le Rouf at the same time or maybe the PamPam in Juan or Nice. My mate Jean Jacques family owned them.

13. Q. How Long Can You Ride For?

A. As long as I like if I'm enjoying myself.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I dealt with Jeff Marine in Golfe Juan

• Like Like x 1
  15. Not sure how long this took but about fifteen years ago I pulled muscles in my back and neck. It was bloody agony but I discovered that sitting on the Supersport was tolerably comfortable. So, I rode from Ayrshire to my parent's empty house in Montrose then on to Tomintoul via The Lecht and to Grantown-on-Spey. Then rode back to Montrose in the dark and in the pissing rain.

I must have looked like some sort of hobbling hunchback every time I had to stop for fuel - removing myself from the bike was not easily accomplished.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information