1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many bikes you have to have now?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Lucazade, Apr 12, 2012.

1. So let me get this right assuming you do all the things mentioned.

You have to have a:

Race/track day bike for TD
    Road bike that you use for fun on the road
    Touring bike, a big, chunky, comfy one with loads of storage for when you go abroad
    A dirt bike for fun in the mud
    A rat bike for daily commute

And now also
    A pit bike because I need to ride down those 400m to get my fish & chips :)

This business gets expensive. What next, a bike for when wife is not around/around, a bike to get away from the law....

Rant over, should not be reading threads about how hard life is for some hehe. They talk rubbish.

2. Naaaah mate. All a load of horlicks. One will do for most mere mortals. :wink:

3. Luca, I've got 5 bikes, road track and Enduro as well as a 1954 MV Agusta 150RS which I'm 90% finished renovating then I'll be moving onto the Moto Guzzi 110cc to renovate. Had a tourer but when we had kids the wife refused to ride pillion so got rid of that. Had an adventure bike but it didn't excite me that much.
    Sports bike is all you really need, other than off road it does everything you need it or.

4. Apart from the off-road stuff, all you really need is a Monster...
    And even then I'm sure it must be possible to fit off road wheels and tyres to one if you try hard...
    :)

5. It was not number of bikes I got crossed with it was the attitude of not being worthy because you use one bike for more then one original task.

6. Have:
    - 1098S for the road & longer trips
    - KTM SuperDuke R for track and B-roads
    Just sold:
    - 1976 Kawasaki Z1 (A2)
    - 999 Ducati
    - 2006 ZX600 pure track bike
    Want:
    - KTM 400 EXC
    - 1963 Vespa or Lambretta
    - Orange MTB (does that count?)

7. Right now I'm aiming for 3.

Currently with a 1200 Multistrada for general use and my BMW R100 as the perennial project in the garage that never *quite* gets finished.

Need to add a Monster/MTS hybrid for when I want the sound of dry clutch, or riding with newcomers (due to lack of self restraint on the 'strada), or just fancy something different.

8. 900ss carb - Streetfighter Race bike number one - mostly in parts at the moment.
    900ssie - Streetfighter Race bike number two - ready for hire - Bored and stroked.
    748 - Streetfighter Race bike number three - ready for hire.
    750ssie - Project 1 - streetfighter road bike when complete.
    750ssie - Project 2 - Custom road bike when complete.
    900ss carb - streetfighter road bike mostly complete.
    Possibly picking up another early 900ss carb this week to refurbish
    Enough spares to build a 748 - engine, frame etc.
    Half shares in a project to assemble some lightweight frames for the venerable Yamaha XS650 - 3 frames in production at the moment.
    I think thats all at the moment!!

9. I've just come down with chronic garage envy :upyeah:

10. Please dont - I can just move in there at the moment, The sheds have been ropped in also:wink:

11. Ah, garage roulette, aka Classifieds addiction :) My favourite pastime! :biggrin:

To make it interesting, let's say the bikes must fit within a single garage... so at least 2, 3 is ok, 4 a squeeze.

1. Monster for the pub, high street and solo cool :cool:
    2. MTS1200 for touring/daily/carrying the pax
    3. 1x9x for hoons/track?
    4. the 'project' ...

12. No, 6 in a single garage is a squeeze, 888 Strada, S2R1000, S2R800, 1000SS, 900SSie, 750SSie now to find room for the 900SS Carbie.

13. I like your thinking :biggrin:

14. [​IMG]

Plus the 888 in a single garage, thank god for the inline twin.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information