1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 How Many Miles You Wimps Do This Year 2019

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Steviegtr, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Funny really I have ridden all my adult life. But since retiring finding more time to get out & about on the Steed. Not yet though still too cold for me. My magic figure is anything above 12 degree's C . So visor does not fog up.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I'm determined to get out on mine more this year. The rare couple of times I rode it last year were great, forget how much fun it is to ride the thing. Hopefully get over to Aberystwyth on it, some cracking roads over there where I used to live.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Sounds great. I love going to the Lake district, some great roads. Must do more this year.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I must get out this year....
    Blow away some cobwebs, I think 12°C is about my most comfortable lowest...

• Like Like x 1
  5. I only say that because at the beginning of the year we go out around 8 am, Usually for a short run & then Breakfast before going to coast etc. At 1st I will need to keep visor slightly flipped to stop condensation while traveling slowly. By around 12 degrees it seems to stop.

6. 17000 in first year. Now bout 8000 a year. All weather's. All year round. No such thing as bad weather just bad clothing. Ha.

• Like Like x 2
  7. @JenC Yeah definitely love, though will only be a day out again due to the kiddies. X

• Love You Love You x 1
  8. Not much maybe about 4000 miles or so. Between changing jobs, fixing up and moving house and welcoming a baby into the world I’ve not had much free time on my hands

9. 10,000 last year from new (no commuting) and on the third rear tyre.

• Like Like x 2
  10. It depends on how good a summer we get for me.

Last year I did 3.5K on my hyper and about 1.5K on my monster.

I don't commute on either, miles are runs and trips. No foreign jolly planned this year though so could see less miles done.

11. Bikes 2 years old in May, currently on 11900, 8000 planned for this year, channel tunnel all booked up and off to the South of France in May & June.

12. Looking forward to being out and about in 2019. My current 1260S bought at the end of April last year is currently showing 11.5k miles, my previous 2 year old 1200DVT was sold with 33.5k miles and my earlier 1200GT had 16k miles on it after 18 months, so averaging 13.5k a year on Multistradas, plus about 1500 a year on the 1098R. All fun miles, all year round, apparently one day I will grow up! :motorcycleduc::laughing:

13. Don't grow up that's boring .:cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Mutlye and I usually commute so since the start of 2019 I am around 3,000 mile mark but I have not factored in the summer yet. Knocked up a 700 miles this week as a result of a couple of "play days' Around the Pas D'Calais area this week. :)

This year I reckon I should have 7-9k.

15. It’s a known fact that men don’t grow up.... only older.

So my Mrs keeps reminding me.!

That’s lucky... I’m off to climb some trees. Maybe even knock door, run.. (Hobble.!)

16. 1997 miles in 48 hours of riding this year. That makes an average speed of 41... The tracker is useful for stats like this

17. It looks like you've forgotten why the wife buys Fairy Liquid.

Wipe it on then wipe it off visors glasses etc stops them misting up :):upyeah:

TB

18. Brr it's been cold out today and yesterday, still managed 150 miles a day though.:cold_sweat:

19. 45,000 mile service just done...5th set of tires mounted :)

20. I like the mileage mwhite however only 5-sets of tires! Are you using the throttle correctly?!? :p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information