1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT How Often Do You Connect The Battery Charger During Winter Storage?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by pacix, Oct 30, 2018.

1. :) I use Optimate chargers and have ever since owning bikes, Aprilia RSV Mille, Honda 1000RR, Mutli, etc. They are on the bikes throughout the year, as yet, with no issues whatsoever and always with the original batteries, so far that is.....
    The Mille still has the battery fitted when I bought it in 2012, which remains absolutely fine.

Works for me!:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  2. I leave them all plugged in and forget about them. :upyeah:

IMG_7545.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  3. That's a splendidly OCD setup you've got there :D

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. On my second Multi, 2016 DVT, never used a charger and usually get to ride the bike once or twice a month during the winter with no battery issues.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Thanks for all your answers. I have a better picture now.

6. Panti-girdles, LOL! Just bought one, going into winter, here in UK. Go figure. Dave

• Like Like x 1
  7. :astonished::eek::oops: WOW, Robarano, having seen this picture, I now feel totally un-worthy and positively Neanderthal comparing my "bike shed" arrangements to this 'germ-free' set-up you've got here for your babies....
    And I thought I cared for my team...….:broken_heart:

Do you have to use bacterial hand gel to enter and exit the theatre? :eyes:
    OH and not a bin anywhere in sight: you've undoubtedly offended Duc-Bird now, so be ready!!:motorcycleduc:

Regards
    TonyMN

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. I use either Ducati trickle chargers or my old optimte leave them connected permanently . I use my bikes all year around so removing batteries isn't a option

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I’ve probably ridden mine unintentionally in light rain a handful of times in the last 3 years, and the surface rust to the disc carriers & oxidation of some of the bolts is extremely questionable to the quality of the bike in all honesty
    A multi ridden throughout the winter must look a right pile of poop at the end of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Plenty of ACF 50 is the answer and I change bolts for stainless steel
    I mainly use my Panther when the weather is really bad it looks like a pile of poop at the start of the winter

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. plug em in, shut the door and walk away till spring :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. I ride all year round and when the bike is in the garage it is plugged in to an Optimate 4 never had any battery issues with any of the 4 multis I have had. Yes they get dirty but with Protective sprays (PPF52 for me) and some polish protection (plus I have the whole Ventureshield kit on) the bike will clean up like new every time. If there is salt about then a hose down as soon as I get home, always best to get any salt off asap.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. My ocd has gone mad.... change the plugs on the middle ones!

14. Aarrrgghh you beat me to it by a whisker!

15. 2012 1199, can count on one hand the amount of times its been on the optimate, Still on its original battery and still going strong

• Like Like x 1
  16. Black and White stripes, innit. :innocent:

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Out of curiosity, could you tell me how you made those brackets for the optimate ??

18. I leave my CTEK's attached to my 1299's & Multi 1260 all the time.
    Whole idea of trickle chargers.
    Ready to go all the time !!

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. There is a theory that you should kick the engine over a few times now and again, so the cam belts change position. That will also trigger the charger to work for a short while, which must also be a good thing.

20. I'm pretty sure 99% of battery tender manufacturers advise the disconnection during a start?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information