1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Be An Idiot (warning)

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Advikaz, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Bloody hell I remember reading that before my first day now! - so it’s in the small print but not the recorded briefings we now have to listen to!

Plus - I just did a No Limits day at Cadwell - and they used the MSV briefing system - so there’s some real conflicting info out there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. They’re all at fault in my opinion! But especially the one who slowed down dramatically! The most concerning thing to me is she hasn’t acknowledged she made a massive error and apologised to the other rider! If she doesn’t think she’s done anything wrong she’ll do it again! I can’t believe she isn’t concerned about the injuries to the guy! This is very similar to what happened to my team mate at snetterton a few years back and unfortunately that ended worse! When will people realise this is bloody dangerous!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Screenshot_2020-07-10-19-33-00-89.png

• Like Like x 1
  4. No point in pointing fingers...bo**ocks!

5. Well I’m glad there is some concern shown there for the injured guy but it still seems like they don’t really want to accept responsibility! Just glad nobody was seriously hurt!

6. But is the concern genuinely for the injured guy?

7. That went well :rolleyes:

Typical split arse. Wasn’t my fault....

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Some people just won't accept they fucked up

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Wow - talk about bloody minded denial in the face of clear video evidence!

It’s pretty obvious to me that the following rider had backed off to 80% when he saw the flag - you can clearly hear the engine note - it was screaming coming out of Goddards onto the the straight and after the flag there was nowhere near the urgency.

The daughter is the one doing all of the denial but it was the mother who slammed on the brakes - using the excuse ‘she didn’t want to overtake under the chequered flag’ just to shift blame shows a real lack of moral fibre.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. I’m not a big track day rider - used to race cars but lack the experience on a bike in comparison - but to be going walking pace on the racing line is stupidity. Her defence is also total bollox as she was riding at comparable speed until she braked like hell to talk to her daughter.
    I had to re-check the video so to comment that she had backed is untrue
    Only one person at fault there ! Regardless of briefing

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. You’re probably right guys! Which makes it even more depressing!!!

12. She's currently still arguing.

13. Then someone needs to have a word because she’s a danger to herself and others. As well as her daughter if she thinks that’s ok to ride like that

14. FYI that's the wrong you tube clip.

15. Was replying to your comment not the clip

16. to be fair NL have been getting god awful press lately aswell

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Chequered flag means come in, on the next lap.

The person (ignoring the sex), brakes close enough to the racing line, on a straight. Bad call and 100% retarded.

Whilst I think a life time ban would be OTT, she needs to be educated. Poor Bloke could lose everything due to someone else’s fault, whilst he sits at home, sore as.

Also, it’s clearly not “missing a gear”. Missing a gear makes 1/4 second difference. Clearly it’s an actual mechanical fault.

18. Her daughter is making the whole thing 10x worse tbh

• Agree Agree x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information