1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Be An Idiot (warning)

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Advikaz, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Forgot I had it on video. 4.27 the red lights go on and the hands go up. Mr Panigale overtakes us all and goes for another lap. :astonished:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. I agree she shouldn’t have done that but also the other guy should have been more prepared for random behaviour like this because the flag had gone out.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I like his style :laughing:

4. It was you, wasn’t it ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Not that time :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. I did the same when on an open pit TD at cadwell. Head down, overtaken by all the fast bikes on park straight, looked up and they looked like they parked it at the 300m marker...my braking was after the 100 so up the inside of 4 bikes, turned and gassed it....to see red flags at the next post being waved profusely! There may have been the occasional coffee bean signal as we left the track from a rider or two...

#106 bradders, Jul 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 3
  7. The chequered flag is a complete red herring here. The rider in front was riding fast until suddenly jamming on right on the racing line, and even worse, jamming on alongside another rider so there was no exit route. You can see this clearly from the film. The rider in front did something completely unpredictable and utterly without caution or thought. I'm not sure whether the rider in front is trying to confuse the issue using the chequered flag as a confounder, or others are, but they slowed violently, apparently to communicate with another rider. The chequered flag had nothing to do with this. It wasn't a gradual easing back.
    The chequered flag talk is important for other reasons, but I can't see from looking at the helmet cam above how it has any relevance in this case.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Is that on helmet cam?
    1. You're an awesome rider.
    2. You were absolutely flying.
    3. That ribbon stuff would put the fear of God into me randomly blowing around like that, and I strapped to a bomb doing 140mph.

9. Had more relevance to the rest of the thread - but totally agree with your comments

10. Not a helmet cam no. The camera was mounted on the front of the tank and the flappy lanyard is the secondary form of securing the camera as required by the TDO. It wasn't so obvious when riding the bike.

11. Ah right looked like it was flapping up into your field of vision.

12. Likely never admit liability on an open forum as that would potentially open up legitimate civil proceedings against them.

Bloody stoopid the pair of them, poor bloke as well, smashed up bike and body.

Deffo thinking track day insurance for Silverstone in September.

13. You'd want your head examined not having track day insurance.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  14. It was a mother stopping for her daughter in the fast group both have raced so should know better

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I know bud

I know the pair of them. Shameful :confused:

16. Where is this image from? I've just received my briefing for tomorrow and couldn't find any mention of what to do after the flag other than return to the pitlane.

17. they don’t mention it in the video briefing ! It really is shit.

that’s from the msv website

Do Not Sell My Personal Information