1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to build a Ducati cafe racer

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Bugz Ducati, Mar 23, 2013.

• Like Like x 1
  1. Redmaxspeedshop do a Sport classic style tank to fit a Monster ! And have built a bike with one ..... pics on flickr .

2. my old mutli 10 years old considering bikeshed ing it but shape of tank looks like it will be differcult to move battery and make a gt style tank to fit

3. So make a fibreglass cover for it :upyeah:

4. "my old mutli 10 years old considering bikeshed ing it but shape of tank looks like it will be differcult to move battery and make a gt style tank to fit"

How about -

Kamna Strada-1.jpg Kamna Strada3.jpg

Kamna Strada-1.jpg

Kamna Strada3.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Dafuq is this thing?? :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Multi with its clothes off

• Like Like x 1
  7. I like it !

8. How to make an ugly bike even something a mother would slap

saw a couple of race ones at Assen last year. Pretty similar to this but better bits added

9. nice .i like it ....where the battery gone is the owner on here ? ..nice cans look like 916 cans .i would keep the frame red and maybe different colour bits

10. These photos were taken at Assen

11. Yeah I thought they were, the paving is a giveaway lol, but not the racing ones as it has a plate and i cant see a transponder. Some of the race bikes still had plates btw...proper run wot u brung stuff!!

oh and I had 916 style cans on my multi, really nice and sound was great

12. For me a Cafe racer needs to be very simple... Not quite mint ....
    Ali tank is a must ! Again if it's not mint fine.
    The only thing I can't have is dropped bars... Love them but they cripple me.

I have a lovely Road racing Ali tank for my monster , Ali headlight fairing.
    And seat cowl. And some little trinkets of bling .
    The only reason I've not transformed the bike is Ali doesn't do well out side.

I'd love a V50 Guzzi with an Ali tank very much .

I don't like some cafe racer style bikes that are over blinged.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Well, that's a start!

14. Mel is absolutely right - proper cafe racer = alloy racing tank, single racing seat, clip-ons or ace-bars, gloss black paint and shiny polished metal (nothing else), and everything that's not essential gets chucked away. "Street-fighters" are the natural successor to cafe-racers, and are great, in their own way. BUT cafe racers have a definite "look" - it's one of those things : if I have to explain, you'd never understand... Some bikes make great cafe racers, some don't...

15. Alloy tank, yes; single seat, yes; clip-ons, yes; gloss back paint and shiny polished metal, no!

Ben Part's Guzzi at Assen

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  16. Like this one? P1010010.jpg

P1010010.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  17. Never seen a decent looking Duke cafe racer, Guzzi's though are made for it, they've even done a great job making their own with the V7

• Like Like x 1
  18. Guzzi do make lovely Cafe Racers .. I'd love a V50

• Like Like x 1
  19. OK Borgo - Red frame is OK, but only because it's a Guzzi... BMW's make good cafe-racers too - my mate built one out of an R80, purely because someone bet him that he couldn't. He's now started on another one that will be much more of a Walter Zeller Rennesport race-rep...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information