1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to fit Carbon Heat Shield - or What to do when "Working from Home"

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by nev749bip, Mar 22, 2013.

1. The picture at the top of this page, the bike already has them fitted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sorry...skipped a page on the HUDL....looks great.

3. I've got 2 spare matching bolts you can have. PM me your address and I'll post them as a late Xmas present
    ;)

4. Cheers for offer mate. But earlier today I won a cnc cover on eBay from Germany. Only ended up paying £15 for it. Worth a look for anyone after one as there's another ending tomorrow. I'm highest bidder on that too at £1 so may even end up with two. Lol.

5. Couldn't of done it without this guide. Well probably could but there would of been more swearing

6. Easy fitting the new one. Old one was a bitch to remove

image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Looks like you done a good job there mate. Just a tip, make sure you loctite the three bolts on the shield otherwise you'll lose them on your first ride out
    Speaking from experience here !!!

8. Yeh already did that mate. But thanks anyway.

9. Looks a very neat job. Very tidy.

10. Sorry to resurrect this thread, although at least it shows that I did bother to search!

I have a new to me 2012 1199 with an exhaust shield which is a bit rough, so the obvious answer is to stick a new carbon item in its place. It has standard headers. I've found a DP version shield in the larger format that I think came with the later year 1199s and then the 1299. Questions:

1. Can the larger version be swapped straight in on my earlier model?
    2. Is the larger version worth it - does it reduce heat much?
    3. It occurred to me that wrapping the exhaust loop would help immeasurably, and I see that someone else has done this. Is there any reason not to do this (will it mess up the running at all having one exhaust partially wrapped and the other not).

Lastly, I think the bigger issue is the heat from the upper cylinder. Did the covers on the later models help much, and can they be retro fitted? What else would help with this?

Thanks all,

jm

11. @nev749bip is this a Ducati Performance heat shield? Looking for this to my Tricolore but can not find it anywhere. Do you have a part number maybe?
    Thank`s.

12. It was an aftermarket one not DP
    sorry but can’t remember the supplier it was 5 years ago

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information