1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Lube Chain While Keeping It Looking Clean?

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by dubcat, Apr 25, 2019.

1. I see people with immaculate looking chains. How do they do that while lubing their chain? I've been using a spray on 'dry' chain lube. It goes on white and then goes a bit gunky. How are you guys doing it?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wurth dry chain lube

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Spray it and then wipe it with a rag after it’s dried?

4. I just leave it. I have a Gold Renthal chain so occasionally will use peak or autosol on the side that shows.

• Like Like x 1
  5. After cleaning, brush a little gear oil on. Job done.

RBW.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Don’t use the bike, instead keep it next to a radiator in your lounge.
    Works for some from what I can gather.

• Funny Funny x 15
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. I use the chain wax.. it does cover the chain in white stuff which does eventually disappear.. am i supposed to wipe it off?

8. Spray On / Wipe Off :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ah, Mr Miyagi San

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. I nearly said wipe on / wipe off but some would have been confused with the spray tin :bucktooth:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. yep
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. Wurth Dry Chain Lube, is the best, no fling. Best chain cleaner is Motul.

14. I copied your setup couple of months ago, added a fine sleve at the end of the gutter to pre-filter the fluid.
    Where can I send the "copyright" fee? :) :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Hey mate, People rave about this stuff so I bought a couple tins and used it once and never again, Ive still the 2 tins and it wont be going on my bikes, Done about 50 miles after spraying the chain and the chain looked just dry and all the rollers looked like they had been heated as in a blue/ purple colour, Imho the stuff is garbage or am I missing something??

This is all I use now, Great stuff
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XCP-Moto...852657&hash=item5d6a090a8c:g:k~AAAOSw7ApZ16i9

#17 jack999s, Apr 26, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. I've been using it for donkeys years (as have my friends), never had any issues at all. Even use it on my cycles....
    I remember seeing it win some magazine tests as the best all round chain lube.

17. I use Paraffin to clean it and then brush gear lube on it. I normally leave it overnight then wipe it off. Short run clean up anything else and then you are good to go.
    kjCEYnGISRasgObMgmEFMg.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information