1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hp4 Race Review

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Advikaz, May 11, 2018.

1. Enjoy mate. Pity I’m away

• Like Like x 1
  2. Is your hp2 a track only race engine with over 220 brake though?

Most club racers have an engine rebuild every year

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. ah gottcha.

4. Disagreed as most club racers don't have an engine build until its needed. Ie its gone pop.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ha ha

Okay Paul I’ll rephrase, most of the ones I know do :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. 3942589A-E1A5-46F9-8C0D-7B02BC0BBDBA.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. Plus £20k just to insure it for the track. :eek:

And now every other bike on the planet is shit apparently. :rolleyes: A fool and his money..............:thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Not shit, just shitter.....at least that's what I'm getting from all of this :eyes:

To be fair I wonder how much it'd cost to insure a Panigale V4S for a years worth of track riding :thinkingface:

I mean think about it, if you ride twice a month on track (give or take) that's going to increase risk of a crash which the insurance companies will be thinking. I bet it's not far off as if you bin that £20k costs aren't really that unrealistic, are they?

Damn I wish I was minted, or at least had really rich mates who'd let me ride their bikes whilst they were moored up on their Yatcht off the coast of Monaco :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I enquired about insuring my 1299 for track use and it was absolutely nowhere near 20k...

10. Only way I would own something like this, or SL or Desmo probably, would be if I could afford to throw it in the skip and the only thing I’d be crying over was the waste of engineering, not the cost.

I shall, therefore, never have to concern myself with insuring it as I shall never be owning one :upyeah:

11. I think the coolest thing to make an appearance on the HP4 race has to be the audible traction control!
    Not only does it sound amazing I bet that sensory feedback really helps you relax into abusing the electronics.

Something I bet will be applied to the road bikes. Not sure how it will sound on a twin or the V4 though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Well, that would go for almost everything as time moves on. I bought a TV last year, it was a lot of money and will see me a good 10 years before I even consider changing. That's no matter how many reviews in tech magazines tell me that my purchase, that was the greatest thing since sliced bread last year, belongs on the cave wall of a luddite this year. :)

Do you want @Exige s address? :blush:

13. The Mediterranean,
    Northern Hemispher,
    The World
    W1 EXG

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Yes please, and preferably signed adoption papers welcoming me to the family.

I shall now be known going forth as DamoEx :upyeah:

15. What was it for a year?

Presumably an S model?

16. I was in Ducati Glasgow yesterday and there were 2 SL2’s in there. Absolutely stunning. And a desmo. Lovely.

• Like Like x 1
  17. This thing looks amazing. I really like that it has no road junk on it as well. The regulations make a racebike so compromised when made road legal that I just dont think it is worth it unless you have absolutely amazing roads and dont mind operating way outside of the law.

18. I’d have one if I had a million pounds and all the free time to ride it on track. I would use exactly 100 of the hp and 42% of it’s potential.

#39 camelfarmer, May 17, 2018
    Last edited: May 18, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Shame they didn't go the road legal until you add the 'track pack' route. Only because it means I'm much less likely to see one up close. I got to have a good look at Goodwood FOS last year but it's fun seeing the odd silly exotic at a bike night.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information