1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Hub Spacer Issue...thicker Washer

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Chris.King1, Aug 5, 2019.

1. anyone know where I can get a thicker spacer, than the standard for the rear hub. I bought an AEM hub, but the mechanic says it's needs a slightly thicker washer than the standard.

Problem is I am away on holiday for a week. TIA.

2. Use the washer from the 998 as this had the later sprocket flange which used a different setup (no internal circlip) and the thicker washer.

Check the 998 parts diagram on the Ducati website for the number and order from your friendly dealer.

4. It's not part number 6 that you need - this is part of the sprocket flange, part 5, which is comprised of 6 and 7.

You need part 12 on that diagram, which is thicker on the 998 series (and later 748) as the sprocket flange was changed to stop the wear and subsequent grinding of the castellated adjuster ring. The newer sprocket flange was not as deep and required a ticket spacer (part 12) to gain the correct offset.

Most (if not all) replacement sprocket flanges use the later 998 design and need the thicker washer.

• Like Like x 1
  5. yep, like you say, part no.12...moto rapido knew what I meant whilst explaining. Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

6. All sorted

WP_20190813_18_22_53_Pro.jpg

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information