1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Husqvarna Strimmer Engine Question

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by NeilH, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Hi,
    I inherited this strimmer from a neighbour (she didn't die but moved house and it was her late husband's). Anyway the primer bulb and fuel tubes had perished so I've got some new ones but I'm not entirely sure how to fit them!

As this forum seems to have lots of very knowledgeable folk I thought I'd ask you!

1. fitting the fuel lines to the primer bulb is it obvious from the length of the nipples which is the inlet (from fuel tank) and outlet to the carb?

2. I assume the tube coming out of the bottom of the carb is a return pipe and therefore goes back into the fuel tank through the highest grommet, with the fuel pick up going into the one which is at the bottom of the tank (when in the operating position)

It does seem in very good condition and I love the little slencer!

Thanks in advance.

Neil
    :)
    DSC_1185.jpg DSC_1179s.jpg DSC_1178s.jpg DSC_1181s.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thanks, It doesn't quite answer the question but I think a bit of trial and error should provide the answer to the which pipe fits where. Need to buy some petrol to mix with a bit of 2 stroke oil.
    It is a really dinky engine!
    Cheers
    Neil

3. If it hasn't run in a while, an aerosol of "Easy Start" is your friend in getting it to fire up... just spray down air intake. As these machines tend to sit over winter, they always require a bit of cursing first startup in the summer!

Cheers
    Grant

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Never used Easy Start on any 2T but have used it on diesels, a fitter told me once, not sure if it’s bull poo or not, but he was convinced once you started using it on engines they became addicted to it ?

• Like Like x 1
  5. I've ordered some more fuel pipe as the new one from last year has already gone stiff. Pretty sure it will start. I've taken it apart more than necessary just for the hell of it!
    25cc apparently :)
    DSC_1191s.jpg DSC_1192s.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  6. Looks like the OP has everything undercontrol.:upyeah:...and besides i only ever use Stihl strimmers.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Even my Stihl requires a dose of the good stuff 1st start after winter...:upyeah:

8. Like I’ve said earlier, never used it on anything 2T and never needed it, but I always run them dry before putting away for the winter.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Fuel pipe arrived and fitted. Took a bit of fiddling with choke and throttle but it started. I can certainly see the logic of using benzene free fuel if you were working with these all day as you are pretty close to the exhaust :confused:
    Cheers
    Neil

DSC_1208.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information