1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hydraulic Lift

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Talentless, Mar 18, 2019.

1. As a Yamaha mechanic often working on FJR's, the phuematic hydraulic ones cannot lift anywhere near 450kg's.

2. Ah, "Flat Eric Ten Kate". :( I remember him well, before the tragic trolley jack incident of '92. :skull:

:laughing:

3. I said before H&S became an act of parliament. Was 1971. Andy

4. I assume this was when waifs and strays and children from workhouses were forced to act as supports for your beastly bench. When Welfare at Work consisted of being provided with a coal sack in the corner to sleep in the workplace. Yeah, them was the days. I hate having a 37.5 hr week. I really want a 168 hr week and a beating now and again by some sadistic capitalist pig dog. All for the sake of a safety bar. I'm too pretty to die, obviously Andy is no looker. Or so Rob said anyways.

Up The Workers!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Was that when you had to get up half an hour before you went to bed ;)

TB

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Bed? Luxury...

7. I would not be without a bike lift bench now. I bought a used KD bench .... sadly company no longer around. No more grubbing around on the floor working on the bike. This bench has a big trolley jack which is bolted in place minus wheels which does the lifting. There are two pairs of shark fin bits welded onto the main frame where a steel frame drops down and locks the platform in a choice of two positions. I use these and not the jack to keep the bike in the air. Even in a small ish garage it is fine as one bike or scoot is always on the lowered lift so does not take up space. One thing I did notice is that tools don't go missing by rolling under benches etc. As you work on the bike the tools you use stay on the lift. When you get a mechanics wheeled stool and use this it's just such a relaxed working position. One particular job I did on the vespa GTS (replacing the engine mount / swingarm bushes and bearings .... I just would not have attempted without the lift. It really helps when you have the engine at eye level ....mug of tea ... all tools to hand .... a calmer more relaxed situation I find. (even doing the belts on the Multi) :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  8. I sorted the top rear suspension mount at the weekend - took me 2 years to decide, just ordered a Pani top shock mount and spacer from @nelly to sort it :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  9. I have the same after Simons recommendation, superb professional quality lift. You get what you pay for.

http://www.lv8.it/home-page-en.html

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  10. Did you get it from same place?

11. Yes Simon, RS Workshop Equip, great service.

12. Glad they sorted you out..

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Sorry did you only want replies that agree with you on this open forum.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Get the Clarke one, wait for the vat free offer and save 70 quid. I'm impressed with mine.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Yes please. :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Thanks guys, I will go with the Clarke one, next time it is on offer.

• Like Like x 2
  17. I don't think is fair to compare a ramp made for occasional, hobbyist use to a professional ramp.
    I do not own a Clarke ramp, but is fairly obvious looking at couple of videos that is a "budget tool".

When I used to work as a joiner I only used Festool equipment. Now, for my own use around the house I cannot see the point to buy the most expensive available and use only twice a year.

#37 alexko, Mar 20, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  18. Again - its how often you use it and whether you can justify the cost to yourself for the more expensive version using your man maths...

Me - bike season.. I use the lift every time I ride bike as I clean after every ride and use it for that..

Off season.. I use the lift as a table and have used it for a few woodwork projects and also cleaning car alloys (swap to and from Winter Tyres) etc..

Personally I do not regret spending so much and wish I had done it years ago... to get more use out of it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. If you subscribe to machine mart and keep an eye on your emails. They will eventually email you a personal voucher code for a vat free period

20. The Clarke one looks like all the other Chinese bike table lifts to me.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information