1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hydrodipping

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by BigAlan, Mar 13, 2018.

1. I do carbon wrapping

20180223_214619.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I’ve heard really good things about the durability of hydro dipping. Might have to give this a go myself on my scratched top box lid :upyeah:

3. Can’t hurt, it took me a number or goes to get it almost right as I was not putting enough activator on, I am in the process of doing my hand guards today so hopefully it will be perfect.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 730BCB81-F39B-4A5D-A87D-A133C8B23158.jpeg Did my hand guards today first time. The picture is taken under fluorescent lighting so not brilliant but I can say I am well chuffed.

• Like Like x 13
  5. [QUOTE="BigAlan, post: 1088530, member]
    So this dipping lark is not as easy as the videos indicate, I can prepare the part easy enough, lay the film on the water easy enough but getting the activator and time for the film to hydrate is a pain.
    EEFFAACB-0E9D-47C1-A81C-6363F974EE1E.jpeg
    So I have had three goes and worked out I have a mild activator so need more, practic makes perfect, the attached picture is my third go, it’s not perfect and I would not offer this service to anybody yet. I intend to practice more next week.[/QUOTE]

Is this .....one of those?

s-l300.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Yes, as worn by an Australian fast bowler with sandpaper in the front

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. 7DBB5A39-7740-4747-962B-B8F75CDD1E97.jpeg First time success again.

• Like Like x 7
  8. Joking /Jesting aside.... I like.... I really like... Well Done.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Pictures don’t do it justice but I am well chuffed with how they look.

One more bit to do and that’s enough for one bike.

10. You’re just showing off now ;)

11. His missus is going to come home to carbon dipped kitchen utensils, cutlery, soft furnishings, remote controls etc...

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. Rabbit's and butt plugs :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. She has had a pop yes, I now have to open both utility room doors from the garden into the garage, shut the one into the kitchen and leave a garage door open as she hates the “stink” of the primer and activator.

But it won’t stop me as I have a couple of parts from mates bikes to do.

14. Looks okay dunnit.

15. Just fitted the sprocket cover and the other bit back on the bike and they look even better, just sets off the red frame a little, I have a white bike.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Matt or Gloss finish?
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • WTF WTF x 1
  17. Gloss, slides easier.

18. Marks easier too ;)

19. Pics please :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information