1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hypermortard 950sp Running In

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Gop, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Just been our today on my 950sp wicked bike feels completely different to my 821 can't wait to get it opened up
    Spent best part of the day waching the rev counter 6k comes up quick and catches you out

IMG_20190406_123159.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  2. A great looking bit of kit,especially with that sound system fitted:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  3. The running in period is just for rings full stop. The so called running in period is done within 20 mins if done correctly. Baby them for 500 miles as stated they will use oil and not produce the full power quoted. Also the engines I build aways run a multi grade oil for say 500 miles then go to oil quoted. Nicasil bores and thin fully synthetic oil play havoc these days with modern engines ...

4. Ducati manual do not exceed 7k rpm until 1500k

5. Or warranty is void

6. Running in as per manufacturers recommendations after all they make the bike and know best not someone on a forum
    Meet Matt he dealing in bullshiters lol

Rich

#6 panigale66, Apr 6, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  7. Hi and welcome enjoy your new steed

8. After your first service, and the first service due light is turned off, the RPM gauge no longer turns orange at 6K (or at 7k for that matter, the limit until 1500 miles are hit.)

I would follow the manual break in limits if only because I suspect the data of peak RPM is stored in the computer and if you blow up your engine while still under warranty, they probably can verify if you exceeded the break in limits and deny a claim.

9. Far far too long but guy talking was funny.

10. Welcome and enjoy the new toy!
    I’m currently on 1100 miles since 1st of March, and I can confirm it opens up very nicely, and becomes like a horny devil that’s just never can get enough! :imp: Love it, never had such a wonderful bike.
    Be patient, those 600 miles will come in fast, then 7k revs... it’s fun. Effin fun! Mwuahahaha :innocent::innocent::motorcycleduc:

12. Haha sorry bud am new on here
    You done well to get that mileage on in 5 weeks
    Am in Newcastle and am not taking it out in the rain so between graft and weather depends
    Got a trip booked end of June Assen TT then Germany so I rekon shishohace the 1500 on by then

Do Not Sell My Personal Information