1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hypermotard 1100 Evo Sp Fettling.

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by comfysofa, Apr 8, 2016.

1. It's the little things.... I was on the af1 forum the other day and one of the admin kicked a thread off to do with sluggish starting... Now, ironically I don't get that problem on my v4 factory but it do get it on the hyper... Not got to the bottom of it as I've got exiges heavy cables, new plugs, caps, ht leads and a lithium battery... So... I thought what the fuck and tried it... Doubled up the solenoid to battery cable, went out, got it warmed up, shut it off twice and restarted perfectly.... I'm not saying it's the definitive as I've only been out on it once but I'll report back after a month or so of usage... If anyone else has this problem, give it a go... Nice to see if it works (or not) for anyone else...
    IMG_20170102_160614.jpg

2. Well, its taken this long....after fitting the air pods/filters god knows how many months ago, ive finally, financially (hopefully the financial news wont be too bad) got round to getting it back on the dyno to sort out the fueling. Its currently having the tank emptied at the moment at CJS. Chris has just texted me back to say that the addition of the pods "put the mapping right out" so i was running apparently pretty wonky at 92bhp but is now making 98. Ive not seen a graph yet but hopefully ill have one later on...gonna be a fun ride home....

• Like Like x 2
  3. Yeah... It was a fun ride home... Unbelievably easy to spin up the rear now.... Tickover feels a lot stronger now... Brilliant work again from Chris.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cool!! @comfysofa mine tried to spit me off the other week - rear spun up changing lanes on dual carriage way! On dry (but maybe greasy) roads! It cut my run very short - well more to a coffee and home again tbh!! Can't wait til the roads clean up - need a decent downpour here as they are just sooo slidey - can feel it in the car! Have fun fella! Btw I made a tail tidy of sorts - so I have no plate attached - how did u get in with the fabricator?

5. Must confess I've not spoken to him but you've reminded me now.... I'll mail him tomorrow...

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

6. Post up the dyno print if you could comfy ...lets have a look at how it looks

7. Just mailed in from Chris....
    ANDY 2.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  8. ANDY.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  9. More stuff done over the weekend.... Small job to do (which would have been faster had if not been for a nearly full tank of fuel... Anyway... Fuel pump filter change. I suspect it's never been done as it was black inside (should have taken a pic). Considering taking off the side cases next oil change as theyre looking a bit ropey...

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  10. Oil lines turned up today....I'll be adding some more pics soon....

11. Just to liven up my thread again....more fettling and tidying complete. As in another thread I've had the engine covers coated in cerakote. I've gotta say...I'm very pleased. Due to the colour scheme I think the old gold covers look pretty trick now in black...
    20180324_181825.jpg 20180324_181840.jpg 20180324_182016.jpg 20180324_182241.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  12. Heh...well, it all went south.....

Another thread being opened in a min....

13. Crank seized. No idea why yet. I was totally methodical in the dismantling and reassembly. Fettling is gonig to a whole new level. The engine is coming out and has to be split so ill be at least recoating the barrell's, maybe the crank cases....depends how much im looking at...

14. Awww shit one Comfy!! Condolences mate! That really sucks!

15. Meh - lemons and lemonade.....apart from the cost i dont mind....i dont mind the cost of the coating, just a pain taking the cost of the repair (whatever it maybe). Its kinda the excuse i didnt want but do want....got the throttle intakes in my bag with me at work to drop off for coating tonight and inturn pick up the stand mount. Engine is strapped to the pallett ready for saturday for the trip up to Leeds. If all goes well ill be bringing the crankcases, barrels and head back down with me for tuning and coating.

Once the stuff is away for recoating itll probably go a bit quieter on here for a bit as ill be waiting but ive got a fair few other jobs to be on with...

16. Wheres the engine going in Leeds? Ducati John?

17. Yep. Plan is to get to him at 10am, 4 hours to strip. and then back home...

18. Ahh interesting!! I used him to service my 916SP and was very impressed with him!! Im currently debating whether to send my 916 to JHP for a full engine rebuild (I don't have time, room, or knowledge for it)(or money tbh but heyho ...) I figured JHP have a better reputation for the SP's long term re-sale value over say Luigi or John. They don't seem outrageous priced either - Bigelaar quoted similar money, as had Gtec.
    I do use the 916 on track too so want it good n reliable. Any opinion on that Comfy?

19. Not really. Luigi is about 20 mins from my house but when i called him he said he was snowed under and hadnt looked at bikes from last year so, i had no choice (in a way but to go to john) but, having said that, i cant wait as ive heard he knows his stuff and then some so, more than happy to do the distance to get it to him.

If you did have the room and "engine out" job isnt really that hard....just a bit time consuming, ive probably saved myself a grand on the removal and the rebuild alone. Therapy. Thats what it is for me....my dream job would be a bike mechanic. Mines seized but, i dont really care in a way as i get to make the thing look and run even better once its done...

#139 comfysofa, Apr 12, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  20. John got me out of a big pickle with my 1198, and only (i believe) someone with his engineering background could of done what he did - a 'regular' mechanic may have struggled. Send him my love on Saturday.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information